Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] Power on/Reboot now goes into APX mode

OP wha2do

16th February 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 13

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

We need to get to fastboot and verify that we can see your devices boot into the bootloader screen.. As I recall you should have a
usb icon you must select to enable fastboot... Can you get to this point??

No, the icons one normally sees are missing/not available to be selected. When I reboot from nvflash & hold the vol down button, I only have two options. Volume up to enter TWRP as expected, or it begins cold booting. Guess that got lost in my lengthy message above:

Quote:

So... I'm still having to reboot from APX mode using nvflash and hold the volume down button. At that point I can either enter TWRP or leave it go and it'll cold boot - no icons
display for fastboot, etc. It just shows:

Platform Pre OS boot configuration...
Cold-booting Linux

And then it will boot into ICS, though found it may just go back into APX mode again. It can take several tries, but it'll finally boot properly.

So unfortunately, no fastboot - only ADB, APX, and Recovery (TWRP) modes available.
16th February 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,528

1,881 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wha2do

No, the icons one normally sees are missing/not available to be selected. When I reboot from nvflash & hold the vol down button, I only have two options. Volume up to enter TWRP as expected, or it begins cold booting. Guess that got lost in my lengthy message above:

So unfortunately, no fastboot - only ADB, APX, and Recovery (TWRP) modes available.

Ok well we need a different version of twrp than what your on now I would highly recommend a version older that what your on now.. as the newer twrps are buggy 2.5.5.0 is a solid one... Make sure you get the one for your tablet...as there are a few different versions... Than rename it

Code:
twrp.blob
Make sure you don't rename it twrp.blob.blob as windows is good at doing still stuff like that.....

Move your twrp.blob to the root of your c drive than open a command window as admin and type

Code:
cd /
This will move you to the root of your c drive in your command window than type

Code:
dir
This will list all the files and folder in the root of your c drive make sure you see the twrp.blob if so your ready

Boot your tablet into APX mode bootstrap into nvflash mode and type

Code:
nvflash -r --download 5 twrp.blob
The output of this will look something like this

Code:
Nvflash v1.13.87205 started
[resume mode]
sending file: twrp.blob
- 8165480/8165480 bytes sent
twrp.blob sent successfully
Than

Code:
nvflash -r --go
Then try to enter recovery...

Let me know
16th February 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Flag New Orleans

82 posts
More
Quote:

Ok well we need a different version of twrp than what your on now I would highly recommend a version older that what your on now.. as the newer twrps are buggy 2.5.5.0 is a solid one... Make sure you get the one for your tablet...as there are a few different versions... Than rename it

Code:
twrp.blob
Make sure you don't rename it twrp.blob.blob as windows is good at doing still stuff like that.....

Move your twrp.blob to the root of your c drive than open a command window as admin and type

Code:
cd /
This will move you to the root of your c drive in your command window than type

Code:
dir
This will list all the files and folder in the root of your c drive make sure you see the twrp.blob if so your ready

Boot your tablet into APX mode bootstrap into nvflash mode and type

Code:
nvflash -r --download 5 twrp.blob
The output of this will look something like this

Code:
Nvflash v1.13.87205 started
[resume mode]
sending file: twrp.blob
- 8165480/8165480 bytes sent
twrp.blob sent successfully
Than

Code:
nvflash -r --go
Then try to enter recovery...

Let me know

Ok - picked up v2.5.0.0 (don't see a v2.5.5.0 on the TWRP website) and successfully installed the .blob file but... As soon as I hit the volume up button it went to cold boot instead. I remembered with the Prime that for some reason, the TWRP img file format needed to be used when on the AndroidRoot bootloader. So long story short, got the img file installed and I have TWRP 2.5.0.0 running at the moment.

So where to next? And thanks so far
16th February 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse

1,881 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok - picked up v2.5.0.0 (don't see a v2.5.5.0 on the TWRP website) and successfully installed the .blob file but... As soon as I hit the volume up button it went to cold boot instead. I remembered with the Prime that for some reason, the TWRP img file format needed to be used when on the AndroidRoot bootloader. So long story short, got the img file installed and I have TWRP 2.5.0.0 running at the moment.

So where to next? And thanks so far

So you can get into recovery now??? if so, take the double zipped firmware......unzip it one time and the zip that is made move to.....O

Do you have a way to put that zip on an sdcard so we can get it on your tablet?? If not no big deal.... Just let me know if you can make that happen.....
16th February 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #15  
OP Member
Flag New Orleans

82 posts
More
Quote:

So you can get into recovery now??? if so, take the double zipped firmware......unzip it one time and the zip that is made move to.....O

Do you have a way to put that zip on an sdcard so we can get it on your tablet?? If not no big deal.... Just let me know if you can make that happen.....

Sorry, I get over wordy (lol)... Yes, I have TWRP 2.5.0.0 installed and was able to get in. I'd already prepared for this - have the unzipped (once) file sitting in my tablet's root folder (/sdcard). Checked and checksum matched so it transferred without errors (used Airdroid, in case wondering).

Took a few extra minutes - wanted double check all was there as I thought. So yes, have the v9.4.3.30 zipfile (containing META files & blob) on tablet's "root" directory. Currently in TWRP v2.5.0.0 and ready to install it (figuring that's the next step)...

Just give me the greenlight, lol
16th February 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #16  
OP Member
Flag New Orleans

82 posts
More
One thing doing quickly is making a nandroid - never can be too safe, heh! Should be about another 5 minutes...
16th February 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse

1,881 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

One thing doing quickly is making a nandroid - never can be too safe, heh! Should be about another 5 minutes...

No worries at all you take your time.... Let me know....
16th February 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #18  
OP Member
Flag New Orleans

82 posts
More
Quote:

No worries at all you take your time.... Let me know....

Good to go!
16th February 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse

1,881 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Good to go!

??????
16th February 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #20  
OP Member
Flag New Orleans

82 posts
More
Still here - at this point have the zipfile unzipped once, on the tablet's root directory, and TWRP v2.5.0.0 installed. I assume going to install the zip file via TWRP Install? Tablet's got plenty of battery charge so good to go - just let me know!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread