XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP!!! Samsung note3 N900A ATT version

Tip us?

BlackZenith
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abduizzle View Post
I have been looking around and i found this do you think this will work?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2476353
Step 14 is problematic for us right now b/c a complete Odin package for MJ5 does not exist.
Note 3 + Gear 2

Abduizzle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
that is exactly where i am having problems

this is what happens

Abduizzle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
first i boot up my phone and it says

firmware upgrade encountered issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try agian. I tryed kies and it didnt work.

then i got N900AUCUBMI9_OneClickBin and tryed to run it but it would fail and my phone would give me the message Fused 2 > Binary 1

i still dont understand why other people with ATT note3 could do it and i couldnt....... and is the a fix coming?

faslane
Old
(Last edited by faslane; 6th February 2014 at 08:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2rrell View Post
Yes but downgrading does not really down grade your phone, you will have a MJ5 M19 mash up IF it boots. which if they happen to look at will mean you were flashing things to your phone because there are no ODIN packages soooo HOW did you do that, know what i mean. i took the advice of another member, i downgraded to get rid of the CUSTOM Lock (Root) boot. then odind back to M19 again and pulled the update at 40 percent leaving my phone in the Firmware encountered a problem and needs to plugged up to recovery screen. so they could not look at anything on the phone. But if your going through att mail in replacement all of that may not even matter. I had to do that because i was walking into a best buy and knew they would check whatever they could to prove i rooted and messed it up. They could not prove it so i got a new phone.
I'm in same boat after rooting for YEARS...UGH

NOW, My Current Binary and Sammy Warranty are both still at "official" and KNOX Kernal Lock is 0X0 as well as Knox Warranty Void (Both at 0X0)
Also, when Note 3N900A Boots normally before it locks up or (doesn't continue) there is no "unlock or lock icon at all, Just Galaxy Note 3 where right after the AT&T would appear so I'm thinking I'm fine to play dumb "Failed OTA update" and simply go in and exchange it...

Is there another way AT&T could tell its been tampered with if those both say official? If not I'm taking in for warranty and claiming OTA update.

please advise

Thx
Fas

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abduizzle View Post
first i boot up my phone and it says

firmware upgrade encountered issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try agian. I tryed kies and it didnt work.

then i got N900AUCUBMI9_OneClickBin and tryed to run it but it would fail and my phone would give me the message Fused 2 > Binary 1

i still dont understand why other people with ATT note3 could do it and i couldnt....... and is the a fix coming?

NOW, My Current Binary and Sammy Warranty are both still at "official" and KNOX Kernal Lock is 0X0 as well as Knox Warranty Void (Both at 0X0)
Also, when Note 3N900A Boots normally before it locks up or (doesn't continue) there is no "unlock or lock icon at all, Just Galaxy Note 3 where right after the AT&T would appear so I'm thinking I'm fine to play dumb "Failed OTA update" and simply go in and exchange it...

Is there another way AT&T could tell its been tampered with if those both say official? If not I'm taking in for warranty and claiming OTA update.

please advise

Thx
Fas

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenith View Post
Step 14 is problematic for us right now b/c a complete Odin package for MJ5 does not exist.

please advise

Thx
Fas

Sticky2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2rrell View Post
Simply Put.......FOR NOW YOU ARE SCEWED!!!

this kind of thing happened to me, you are getting the Pen Detect has stopped error right. once you start using Odin to go back to stock from MJ5 you get a loop, then if you flash the right files you can get it to boot, but always give that error every 10 sec. i have not seen a solution to this yet. i had to get my exchanged at best buy ( it was a very painful process on my end ) they had a lot of questions.

but yea, i dont think you will be using your phone anytime soon bruh. sucks but thats what alot of users are going through with the note 3 on ATT.
This is exactly the problem I am having and I've tried everything.

Seriously, no solution?

mgdes
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Patience my friend multifentre will soon !

Sticky2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdes View Post
Patience my friend multifentre will soon !

What does multifentre mean?

$H0RTY 140
Old
(Last edited by $H0RTY 140; 25th March 2014 at 02:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default Odin fail

I'm in the same boat. My issue is that my internet was messed up and corrupted files that I downloaded. So when I went to root the phone it failed and got me stuck on the firmware screen instead of booting up. Found the files to flash using odin and heimdall. Got the phone to boot up just fine but then kept getting a message that "unfortunately SNS has stopped". I just forced it to stop running and things are fine but now I cannot get back to stock (odin keeps failing) and I can also download the patch of 4.3 (47mb) but when the phone boots into recovery to install it fails on the installation. Has anyone heard of this going on and is there a way to fix it at all or do we have to wait and does this sound like a mash/mix of MI9 and MJ5?

setfly95
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Direct pen input has stopped working

I hate this error message i really dont want to send it in to samsung because i will not have a phone for a while. Anybody have any luck with fixing it?

the2rrell
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by setfly95 View Post
I hate this error message i really dont want to send it in to samsung because i will not have a phone for a while. Anybody have any luck with fixing it?
There is thread in the GENERAL section called MJ5 Restore that will get your phone back to stock MJ5 rooted or not its up to you. but it works i have used it twice and it gets everything back to mj5 no mash up no errors just a normal out of the box phone again.
Sent from the VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!