[Q] No Os, reboot resulted in Bootloop Need Help
chronological steps to bootloop after rebooting, when no os warning sign appeared.
- Successfully Unlocked boot loader.
- Successfully install twrp custom recovery
- installing root wasn't successful.
- Then I tried to check features of TWRP which resulted in always booting to recovery.
I might have deleted some data accidentally
- Then after many attempts to restore to stock rom I flashed RUU 1.26 from guru's website ...
- Phone booted but had touch screen issues.
- In an attempt to fix I realized that I could only do with s-off and then tried to flash the correct RUU for 3.17.502.3 firmware but wasn't successful.
- I realized the present RUU(1.26.X) might be the reason for all(any .zip) failures from twrp.
- I tried to format system and push RUU for 3.17.502.3. But I accidentally rebooted when there was no OS warning came up. It got stuck in Bootloop with HTC logo. My attempts to power it down didn't work and when I press power button + volume down or just power button the led back lights on the home and back buttons flash.
firmware version 3.17.502.3
hboot 1.55 s-on
Phone shows up as HTC MTP device because of which adb/fastboot doesn't recognize the phone.
I guess this is what a brick is called. Is there a way to recover from this ?
1. How can I power off the device? Its been in bootloop for 6 hrs now. I'm afraid the screen will go bad
2. How can I use adb/fastboot in mtp modes to get it to power off / reboot to boot loader?
Thanks in advance.
PS: I have tried all these stuff(rooting, flashing custom recovery / kernels) on 3 samsung phones with out any issue, the procedure was much easier than it is for htc devices. After a day long attempt to root my phone I might have bricked it