Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] problem in gallery ?

Tip us?

irascible_niks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] problem in gallery ?

Hey guys .. I hve updated my galaxy grand duos to 4.2.2. Bt now it became more laggy.. specialy in gallery . Whenever I check data of gallery in application manager .. its shows data in GB's .. every time I have to clear data.. but in two or three days it again start showing the same .. please help me to make my phone work faster and how can I remove this gallery problem ..

DMJoh
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by irascible_niks View Post
Hey guys .. I hve updated my galaxy grand duos to 4.2.2. Bt now it became more laggy.. specialy in gallery . Whenever I check data of gallery in application manager .. its shows data in GB's .. every time I have to clear data.. but in two or three days it again start showing the same .. please help me to make my phone work faster and how can I remove this gallery problem ..
The lag issue is because of the update which has bugs, even disabling or removing bloatwares is not making it lag free. Nothing cant be done in this case i think, or you have to revert to older version of the ROM. The problem may be because of the new drivers,

And about Gallery, is it just simply showing or is it really consuming that much space in SD card
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 236
I once read @iceyhotguy's post about this gallery bug... basically it is solely Samsung's fault and we can do nothing to fix it. Try using another gallery app (QuickPic works). And clear the gallery's data but never open it again or simply disable/uninstall it... it won't take up space anymore..
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7

adi160699
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Its one of the bugs of 4.2.2 I guess you can't do anything else but wipe data and cache all the time!
What you can do is that download any 4.4.2 ROM or download any other suitable gallery from the playstore

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hit thanks if i helped!!!

DMJoh
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Users are reporting the gallery issue is fixed in the latest update.
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ekeluo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJoh View Post
Users are reporting the gallery issue is fixed in the latest update.
I can confirm the gallery is much better in the latest na5 update for region SER. Not perfect, but easily as good as it was on 4.1.