Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] problem in gallery ?

OP irascible_niks

7th February 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hey guys .. I hve updated my galaxy grand duos to 4.2.2. Bt now it became more laggy.. specialy in gallery . Whenever I check data of gallery in application manager .. its shows data in GB's .. every time I have to clear data.. but in two or three days it again start showing the same .. please help me to make my phone work faster and how can I remove this gallery problem ..
15th February 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Port of Kochi
Thanks Meter: 450

390 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irascible_niks

Hey guys .. I hve updated my galaxy grand duos to 4.2.2. Bt now it became more laggy.. specialy in gallery . Whenever I check data of gallery in application manager .. its shows data in GB's .. every time I have to clear data.. but in two or three days it again start showing the same .. please help me to make my phone work faster and how can I remove this gallery problem ..

The lag issue is because of the update which has bugs, even disabling or removing bloatwares is not making it lag free. Nothing cant be done in this case i think, or you have to revert to older version of the ROM. The problem may be because of the new drivers,

And about Gallery, is it just simply showing or is it really consuming that much space in SD card
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bandung, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 238

437 posts
More
I once read @iceyhotguy's post about this gallery bug... basically it is solely Samsung's fault and we can do nothing to fix it. Try using another gallery app (QuickPic works). And clear the gallery's data but never open it again or simply disable/uninstall it... it won't take up space anymore..
16th February 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 65

267 posts
More
Quote:

Its one of the bugs of 4.2.2 I guess you can't do anything else but wipe data and cache all the time!
What you can do is that download any 4.4.2 ROM or download any other suitable gallery from the playstore

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th February 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #5  
Flag Port of Kochi
Thanks Meter: 450

390 posts
More
Quote:

Users are reporting the gallery issue is fixed in the latest update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJoh

Users are reporting the gallery issue is fixed in the latest update.

I can confirm the gallery is much better in the latest na5 update for region SER. Not perfect, but easily as good as it was on 4.1.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread