I would simply root the phone and flash a custom recovery after that it
would be a very easy fix.
Any custom recovery you'd suggest ?

nikolanicic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy One fun night

Well, this has been a fun night for me... It's 5:40AM at the moment while i'm writing this post. Take into consideration that i've had 0 experience in android phones before i've started flashing my Galaxy S4 a few hours ago.

So, first off, i've tried installing just the WiFi fix, had no luck. After that i've had trouble while instaling a custom rom (I9505XXUEMJ7-PRE-ROOTED-KNOX-FREE-ODEX-FULL.tar.md5) and i soft-bricked my phone. After that i've read that changing the USB port might solve the problem with ODIN so i've done that and it really fixed later. Had trouble with partitioning so i've had to find out what a PIT file was and where to download it. I flashed "I9505XXUEMJ7-PRE-ROOTED-KNOX-FREE-ODEX-FULL.tar.md5" (found it on the forums) and flashed the "WiFi fix", no luck. I've then came back to this thread and seen that Misterjunky told me to install a custom kernel and custom recovery mode. I've installed the kernel he suggested and i've installed Phillz recovery mode.

Now, what really bothers me and is SERIOUSLY getting on my nerves is THE WIFI IS STILL NOT WORKING AND I STILL CAN'T TURN IT ON!

I'm seriously bothered by this and i'm seriously going to trash it if i continue messing with it.

Someone please help me or i'll go insane.

gici0r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
try :download Samsung Kies3(for drivers) and Odin 1.85, port must indicate yellow box on odin when you connect your device in download mode,next try again wifi fix files on PHONE box and wait on pass green box,try even fiev times . On mine S4 work . Good luck

hugo7fold
Old
(Last edited by hugo7fold; 28th December 2013 at 01:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
The problem might be cuz u are using the new bootloader (knox)... if u ar eusing that, follow the steps:

You need to install Triangle away (from google play, or just search it on google/xda) to wipe the BINARY counter. After this you will need to reflash the official samsung ROM via Odin and wipe data after installing.
Crossed fingers for you.

fllipper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default flashed everything tried everything wifi won't turn on

I flashed most stock firmwares out there then flashed the modem twice, then reflashed wifi fix twice. Wifi doesn't turn on. A few days ago I managed to fix it so I don't think it's hardware, or maybe now it is. Even tried custom roms and kernels. Anyone anywhere has any idea? Please