Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Using Verizon S3 on AT&T network 3g speed

Tip us?

aaronh850
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Using Verizon S3 on AT&T network 3g speed

Okay, I have a verzizon Galaxy S3 running on At&T GoPhone service. It is a straight talk pretty much. Without rooting, I was able to put in the APN for at&t and I was able to use EDGE speeds ONLY. Now, I tried rooting and using the Titanium Backup w/ APN Manager method to fix it and get 3G speeds, but it did NOT work either. I am only getting EDGE speeds. I know this is some how possible..It has to be, if not then darn. My question, is there any possible way to get 3G speeds with a verizon galaxy s3 using AT&T as my carrier?

I have searched, rooted, and I have spent the last three days attempting to figure this out.

The phone IS UNLOCKED already, it is a Global phone, so I know it can use CDMA & GSM. AT&T is only GSM I understand that..

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronh850 View Post
Okay, I have a verzizon Galaxy S3 running on At&T GoPhone service. It is a straight talk pretty much. Without rooting, I was able to put in the APN for at&t and I was able to use EDGE speeds ONLY. Now, I tried rooting and using the Titanium Backup w/ APN Manager method to fix it and get 3G speeds, but it did NOT work either. I am only getting EDGE speeds. I know this is some how possible..It has to be, if not then darn. My question, is there any possible way to get 3G speeds with a verizon galaxy s3 using AT&T as my carrier?

I have searched, rooted, and I have spent the last three days attempting to figure this out.

The phone IS UNLOCKED already, it is a Global phone, so I know it can use CDMA & GSM. AT&T is only GSM I understand that..
Pretty sure edge is all you're going to get at this point. Just because this phone is a global phone doesn't necessarily mean the data is going to work at its full capability.

The gsm 3g network on att is likely a different band then what the Verizon s3 is open to. I know for sure that the 4g lte bands are different and this phone won't recognize the att 4g network.

If both bands aren't available on this phone, there's no way to get your phone to recognize their mobile data network.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Additionally, what I would do is sell this phone and get an att s3. They should be right around the same value and you'll have a much better experience with that phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]