How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[q] n900t at&t

OP JJ2525

16th February 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

281 posts
I am looking to use a T-Mobile N3 on AT&T LTE in USA (for unlocked bootloader so I can use custom ROM). Is this possible? Are there any nuances of the phone/connectivity that would not work? Is it as simple as putting my AT&T sim in the phone? Sorry, not too tech savvy. Thanks
Last edited by JJ2525; 16th February 2014 at 05:46 PM.
16th February 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #2  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 55

151 posts
More
I'm using my T-Mobile Note 3 with ATT right now. If I remember correctly I just popped in the SIM and it worked. This is after I set it up with a T-Mobile card, though, and I may have unlocked before using the ATT card.

Now I have it rooted too, everything is fine.

EDIT: sorry I forgot to mention I also changed the APN settings after putting in the ATT card. I think you have to do that too. Bookmonke in his better response below has the link with the info.

NOW FOR A HIJACK:

I want Google Wallet to work, so I think I need to upgrade to KitKat.

Any suggestions as to which ROM to use on this phone that is both KitKat and will work best with ATT?

Also I guess I will have to install TWRP or Clockwork, and thus 'trip Knox' whatever that means. Should I care? I'm not going to return the phone at this point.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by capite; 16th February 2014 at 11:16 PM.
16th February 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 27

128 posts
Yes, T-moble 900T works great on AT&T, just needs SIM unlocked and the proper APN put in, follow this thread for the best way.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2464498

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2525

I am looking to use a T-Mobile N3 on AT&T LTE in USA (for unlocked bootloader so I can use custom ROM). Is this possible? Are there any nuances of the phone/connectivity that would not work? Is it as simple as putting my AT&T sim in the phone? Sorry, not too tech savvy. Thanks

16th February 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 95

589 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capite

I'm using my T-Mobile Note 3 with ATT right now. If I remember correctly I just popped in the SIM and it worked. This is after I set it up with a T-Mobile card, though, and I may have unlocked before using the ATT card.

Now I have it rooted too, everything is fine.

NOW FOR A HIJACK:

I want Google Wallet to work, so I think I need to upgrade to KitKat.

Any suggestions as to which ROM to use on this phone that is both KitKat and will work best with ATT?

Also I guess I will have to install TWRP or Clockwork, and thus 'trip Knox' whatever that means. Should I care? I'm not going to return the phone at this point.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Knox feature is about security which will no longer operate if tripped. It can also mean the loss of warranty for your device. As for roms check the developer roms to see which one's offer the features you want.
16th February 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

281 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonke

Yes, T-moble 900T works great on AT&T, just needs SIM unlocked and the proper APN put in, follow this thread for the best way.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2464498

Thank you very much. What is the best way to root the N900T and install a custom recovery? Chainfire seems to only root the device without installing a recovery? Is there a step by step guide on how to do both? Haven't been able to find an all-encompassing one. Thanks
17th February 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 47

199 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you very much. What is the best way to root the N900T and install a custom recovery? Chainfire seems to only root the device without installing a recovery? Is there a step by step guide on how to do both? Haven't been able to find an all-encompassing one. Thanks

Please correct me if im wrong, but after you use chainfires root you should be able to install TWRP through goomanager from the play store.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
17th February 2014, 01:41 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 27

128 posts
I just used Chainfires root and used his region unlock to get rid of the sim lock, then used goo manager from play store to install TWRP.

Quote:

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread