5,815,022 Members 38,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] n900t at&t

Tip us?

JJ2525
Old
(Last edited by JJ2525; 16th February 2014 at 04:46 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [q] n900t at&t

I am looking to use a T-Mobile N3 on AT&T LTE in USA (for unlocked bootloader so I can use custom ROM). Is this possible? Are there any nuances of the phone/connectivity that would not work? Is it as simple as putting my AT&T sim in the phone? Sorry, not too tech savvy. Thanks

capite
Old
(Last edited by capite; 16th February 2014 at 10:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 55
I'm using my T-Mobile Note 3 with ATT right now. If I remember correctly I just popped in the SIM and it worked. This is after I set it up with a T-Mobile card, though, and I may have unlocked before using the ATT card.

Now I have it rooted too, everything is fine.

EDIT: sorry I forgot to mention I also changed the APN settings after putting in the ATT card. I think you have to do that too. Bookmonke in his better response below has the link with the info.

NOW FOR A HIJACK:

I want Google Wallet to work, so I think I need to upgrade to KitKat.

Any suggestions as to which ROM to use on this phone that is both KitKat and will work best with ATT?

Also I guess I will have to install TWRP or Clockwork, and thus 'trip Knox' whatever that means. Should I care? I'm not going to return the phone at this point.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bookmonke
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Yes, T-moble 900T works great on AT&T, just needs SIM unlocked and the proper APN put in, follow this thread for the best way.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2464498

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2525 View Post
I am looking to use a T-Mobile N3 on AT&T LTE in USA (for unlocked bootloader so I can use custom ROM). Is this possible? Are there any nuances of the phone/connectivity that would not work? Is it as simple as putting my AT&T sim in the phone? Sorry, not too tech savvy. Thanks

Muffycheeks
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by capite View Post
I'm using my T-Mobile Note 3 with ATT right now. If I remember correctly I just popped in the SIM and it worked. This is after I set it up with a T-Mobile card, though, and I may have unlocked before using the ATT card.

Now I have it rooted too, everything is fine.

NOW FOR A HIJACK:

I want Google Wallet to work, so I think I need to upgrade to KitKat.

Any suggestions as to which ROM to use on this phone that is both KitKat and will work best with ATT?

Also I guess I will have to install TWRP or Clockwork, and thus 'trip Knox' whatever that means. Should I care? I'm not going to return the phone at this point.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Knox feature is about security which will no longer operate if tripped. It can also mean the loss of warranty for your device. As for roms check the developer roms to see which one's offer the features you want.
Don't just say thanks.... HIT THANKS BUTTON.... if I helped you

JJ2525
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonke View Post
Yes, T-moble 900T works great on AT&T, just needs SIM unlocked and the proper APN put in, follow this thread for the best way.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2464498
Thank you very much. What is the best way to root the N900T and install a custom recovery? Chainfire seems to only root the device without installing a recovery? Is there a step by step guide on how to do both? Haven't been able to find an all-encompassing one. Thanks

phil.culler
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Thank you very much. What is the best way to root the N900T and install a custom recovery? Chainfire seems to only root the device without installing a recovery? Is there a step by step guide on how to do both? Haven't been able to find an all-encompassing one. Thanks
Please correct me if im wrong, but after you use chainfires root you should be able to install TWRP through goomanager from the play store.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Phone: HTC One M8 - GPE conversion

Tablet : Nexus 7 (2012)
ROM: Stock (at the moment)

~~~RETIRED~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Jumped
Samsung GS2 T989 - Retired
T-Mobile G2 - Died
Mytouch 3g Slide - Returned Junk
Mytouch 3g - Died

bookmonke
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I just used Chainfires root and used his region unlock to get rid of the sim lock, then used goo manager from play store to install TWRP.

Quote: