Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] nexus one battery - ???

Tip us?

sion
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Plug [q] nexus one battery - ???

Hey all,

I have had my Nexus One, since it came out, in fact it was given to me by Google themselves, I love the phone, and thanks to a combination of treating it well, screen protectors and an Otterbox Commuter case it is still in absolute pristine condition and I don't want to part with it. I have also put Cynogen mod on it and a top of he range 32-gig SD card, so it does everything I need.

Also I am on a great sim only contract with 3, and don't want to change it to get a phone from three, when I already love the phone I have.

However the Battery is starting to fade and I need to replace it, and after looking over the web I see that there are a lot of rubbish one's out there and it is very easy to get duped.

So I was wondering if any of you kind folks at XDA developers have had any positive experiences of buying a new battery for the Nexus One.

I would be happy with standard 1400Ma replacement, but would ideally like to increase this a little bit, but don't want to change the back or look of this classic phone in anyway.

I would like to thank you for you time in this matter, and look forward to hearing your lively replies.

Kind Regards - Ashe.
Ashe Medforth

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2616
Mugen or anker, most everything else is subpar

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sion
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
Mugen or anker, most everything else is subpar

Hey thanks for the reply, much appreciated, however any chance you could post me a link to a reputable dealer, and do either mugen or anker do a battery that fits under my original cover but has a genuine greater capacity than, the stock 1400Ma Battery,

Kind Regards Ashe
Ashe Medforth

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2616
I would just check eBay or amazon, there is plenty of security there. And yes both out perform the oem and are the same size

sion
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks Old Sport, have ordered a 1600Ma Mugen off Ebay, hoping to get a little better battery time off this one than the original, and that after I upgrade my ROM to Kit Kat, it will give my phone at least another 18 months of serviceable life, (really don't like the current crop of giant, android phones, always thought that the Nexus one was the perfect size compromise as well as a design classic)

Kind Regards - Ashe
Ashe Medforth
Tags
battery, extended life, nexus, nexus one