[Q] Power on/Reboot now goes into APX mode

Tip us?

wha2do
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wha2do View Post
Still here - at this point have the zipfile unzipped once, on the tablet's root directory, and TWRP v2.5.0.0 installed. I assume going to install the zip file via TWRP Install? Tablet's got plenty of battery charge so good to go - just let me know!
All pieces are ready - install it? Just want to be sure before proceeding...this was the part I originally wasn't sure of! Hopefully TWRP does it (think had read some folks encountered it balking at the install)!
...found the answer to a question you'd asked? Take a second to post the solution; it'll provide future help to others!

[GUIDE] Entering ADB/Fastboot/APX mode instructions

Transformer TF300T rooted/unlocked with nvflash & TWRP v2.6.3 installed, running "stock" ICS v9.4.3.17

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 795

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
All pieces are ready - install it? Just want to be sure before proceeding...this was the part I originally wasn't sure of! Hopefully TWRP does it (think had read some folks encountered it balking at the install)!

Im not sure either.. Just let me know if it fails we have other options.....is it on your exsdard if so do a full wipe than install

My Currently Supported ROMS
Current Devices
TF700T: Running CROMBi-kk4.4.2
TF300T: Running CMB4.4.2
M7_VZW: Running CMB4.4.2
MANTA: Rooted Stock (4 now)
OTTER: Running CMB4.4.2

wha2do
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
Im not sure either.. Just let me know if it fails we have other options.....is it on your exsdard if so do a full wipe than install
Yeah, been searching on the web but nothing directly saying yes or no. Way back when had come across a post that stated this was an acceptable method.

Well I'm giving it a try - so far, has loaded successfully in TWRP, but when it rebooted it went back to APX mode. The bootloader is still showing as "WW_epad..." when I would've thought it would
be "US_epad..." if it truly flashed properly. Currently booting back into ICS to see what I have. It's acting like the Dalvik cache was wiped & is rebuilding (I chose not to wipe it, so install must
have done it). Still have the feeling I may have to use nvflash and try flashing the blobs separately.

Will keep you posted and let me know if you find anything else out!
...found the answer to a question you'd asked? Take a second to post the solution; it'll provide future help to others!

Transformer TF300T rooted/unlocked with nvflash & TWRP v2.6.3 installed, running "stock" ICS v9.4.3.17

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 795

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah, been searching on the web but nothing directly saying yes or no. Way back when had come across a post that stated this was an acceptable method.

Well I'm giving it a try - so far, has loaded successfully in TWRP, but when it rebooted it went back to APX mode. The bootloader is still showing as "WW_epad..." when I would've thought it would
be "US_epad..." if it truly flashed properly. Currently booting back into ICS to see what I have. It's acting like the Dalvik cache was wiped & is rebuilding (I chose not to wipe it, so install must
have done it). Still have the feeling I may have to use nvflash and try flashing the blobs separately.

I just wish we had fastboot... I am not a big fan of nvflash especially with blobs that dated....

My Currently Supported ROMS
Current Devices
TF700T: Running CROMBi-kk4.4.2
TF300T: Running CMB4.4.2
M7_VZW: Running CMB4.4.2
MANTA: Rooted Stock (4 now)
OTTER: Running CMB4.4.2

wha2do
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:

Well, good and bad news...it didn't fix my APX issue and I lost root. But it did update to v9.4.3.30 (running stock recovery at the moment). Even though I had SuperSU installed (and run) & made
sure OTA Rootkeeper had a root backup, there's no restore option showing. I'm tempted at this point to take the OTA update and root after...I believe there's new tools out there. Have to check
and see, but means more reading (and little time)!

And biggest is why is it still entering APX mode on reboot...I'm tempted to run "nvflash -r --download 4 blob.EBT" using the unpacked blob file from v9.4.3.30. Just a little fearful that I could
brick it even with my nvflash backups! But my take is it's not boot correctly because of that...do wish had a definite reason for that...

wha2do
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
I just wish we had fastboot... I am not a big fan of nvflash especially with blobs that dated....
Curious what the difference would be with the v9.4.3.30 blobs vs more recent ones... In checking, the update curiously enough is for v9.4.3.30 - going to try running it to see if it does something
additional. Also see that JB can be rooted, so wondering about taking add'l OTA's if they're offered. Appears can root even if I update beyond v10.6.1.27.1 so...

Did come across these:
[GUIDE] Nvflash-ICS Restore and
Bricked TF300T only APX works

I've worked with Tobdaryl on some things in the past and sent him a message late yesterday. With his newer work on nvflash and helping on the APX issue, think he'll have some solid guidance/idea of what's messed up.

Well, tired and going hang it up for now. Thanks for the help so far.