MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

About Samsung HDMI MHL adapter

OP Jack Barrett

10th February 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #21  
Flag Right here... Right now
Thanks Meter: 301

391 posts
RF choke is unnecessary on HDMI... Digital signal consists of 1's and 0's so any RF noise would not be interpreted by the receiving device.

The introduction of digital signal was to solve the problem of line noise and interference... RF choking digital signal lines plays on old school notions that it helps somehow and cable/wire companies pray on that to make extra money from "high quality" lines that are completely redundant.

Digital (HDMI) is pass or fail... It works or it doesn't work... It doesn't get better with a filter.

Chokes have their place on power cords (stop RF from leaking out) and antenna wires (choke RF before reciever) and analog audio (eliminate RF line noise) but digital cords don't see the same benefits.

I could go on and on about the ripoff of expensive "high speed" HDMI cables but that's a whole nuther subject.
10th February 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 8

82 posts
I think the question was regarding the ferrule around the cable in your pics.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
10th February 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 22

95 posts
Oh right. Yep that was included dunno for what it is but attached it to the cable anyways

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 12

199 posts
What about a generic mhl 2.p from eBay? The genuine is way too expensive for me.

Sent from my HTCSensation using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th February 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #25  
Pompano
Thanks Meter: 57

85 posts
More
I'd be curious if anyone has any luck with the generic brands also, I'm not spending $50 on a cable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread