Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] N7100 - why my MHL out and Samsung dock don't work?

OP Vatharian

16th February 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag 3-city
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
More
Now, when I connect the MHL cable. or use Samsung Dock, my display doesn't even show the signal is on - tried on several TVs, Dell/HP business monitors and couple of EIZO screens (which are known to be very tolerant to malformed/erroneous signals), I'm sure - it's Omni's missing feature, and to me, important one.

Is this even on the ToDo list?
I feel, like N7100 development completely stalled.
17th February 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,637

13,460 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatharian

Now, when I connect the MHL cable. or use Samsung Dock, my display doesn't even show the signal is on - tried on several TVs, Dell/HP business monitors and couple of EIZO screens (which are known to be very tolerant to malformed/erroneous signals), I'm sure - it's Omni's missing feature, and to me, important one.

Is this even on the ToDo list?
I feel, like N7100 development completely stalled.

Congratulations, you've touched on one of the #1 reasons that the majority of the Exynos4 device maintainers mostly ragequit the platform in late 2012.

Exynos4 devices have been on minimal life support from AOSP-derivative firmware projects for a long time.

They don't work because Samsung's software is a hacked-up mess and their documentation of the Exynos4 platform is crap. The reference source for dev boards like the Odroid is not usable on any shipping handset or tablet because Samsung LSI gave Lenovo, Meizu, and Samsung Mobile a completely different software stack that is not documented at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread