5,606,588 Members 36,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery draining excessively fast

Tip us?

BackDaws
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Please stop torturing yourself and get it swapped then come and join the happy crew

My battery life before charge last night was 19hours with 7h15 mins screen time
Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

souleman
Old
Thanks Meter 148
NLP is network location provider, and appears to be keeping your phone from going to sleep.

Make sure ALL apps are updated to the most recent version in the play store. Then reboot your phone. If you haven't rebooted, there is leftover code still running.

If that doesn't seem to help, turn off Wifi/Network location reporting, it will turn off the NLP service. This should cause a HUGE battery boost for you, because the service is keeping your phone from falling asleep. It will cause an increase in GPS usage, but not nearly as much battery drain as what you are getting.

racingbmwm3
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I think it's because your menus are in Spanish.

I can stream high quality audio on LTE while driving and not use battery that fast. To get that rapid of battery use I have to also use navigation.

Replace your phone and save yourself further headache and time.
Unlimited Data plan, avg 10.7GB
LG G2 - Stock (until I decide I really need tethering back)
HTC Rezound - ROM's used: CleanROM, Vigor360, Global OTA Blue, Infection 2.4-2.9.1 (current)
HTC Dream - Stock

gull_s_777
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackDaws View Post
My battery life before charge last night was 19hours with 7h15 mins screen time
I'll be damned if i can get even half of that on my One X.
By the way, is it with knock knock function enabled?

BackDaws
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
I'll be damned if i can get even half of that on my One X.
By the way, is it with knock knock function enabled?
That's with WiFi, 3g and gps turned on constantly and knock to wake turned on screen set to 50 with auto ticked.

The Following User Says Thank You to BackDaws For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robin786
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Yes bro, better get a replacement sooner & enjoy a complete new set.

Sent from my LG-D802

kitoii
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yep they're right, better get that replaced. Battery on my G2 lasts the whole day with 60% to spare when I get home from work.

Sfkn2
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Same issue here. Turns out it was Google Now. I like it too much to really turn location reporting off, though.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

G1_enthusiast
Old
Thanks Meter 256
so much wrong on this thread...dont know where to start...first of all the first pic you post is the Projection of use not the actual usage. second, 2 hours of screen at 50% is normal if you are on Network mode and have sync turn on and have decent brightness going (30-70%) or if you were playing games. Third, dont listen to anyone regarding battery usage, they use their phones different than you so dont try to match what they have. Even ambient temperature can change the %drop.
Phone
HTC Touch pro II -----> Tmobile G1 -----> HTC HD2 -----> Tmobile G2 -----> Samsung galaxy S II -----> Samsung galaxy S3 -----> Sony Xperia "Zed"----->HTC ONE(Thank God, dont ever own a Sony)----->LG G2

Tablet

Tmobile Slate ---------------------> Blackberry playbook ------------------------> Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 ------------------------>Nexus 7 ------------------------>Nexus 7 Second Gen ------------------------> Dell Venue 8 Pro