Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 48,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Honest opinion. ..on tmobile

Tip us?

mlock420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Default Honest opinion. ..on tmobile

Hi guys I was just wondering if any of you guys have note 3 from tmobile... reason I ask is I wanna root without effecting knox security because I would like to keep my jump plan. ..I just wanna be able to debloat this phone and also I would like to use aroma type customization. ..I am used to epic 4G touch being rooted and I learnt so much with that phone I would like to learn note 3... but I don't wanna hurt my plan from tmobile because they actually let me purchase this beautiful phone with no contract and didn't have to pay a full price at once. ... Thanks to anybody that has any answers. ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

XxLostSoulxX
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlock420 View Post
Hi guys I was just wondering if any of you guys have note 3 from tmobile... reason I ask is I wanna root without effecting knox security because I would like to keep my jump plan. ..I just wanna be able to debloat this phone and also I would like to use aroma type customization. ..I am used to epic 4G touch being rooted and I learnt so much with that phone I would like to learn note 3... but I don't wanna hurt my plan from tmobile because they actually let me purchase this beautiful phone with no contract and didn't have to pay a full price at once. ... Thanks to anybody that has any answers. ..

Do not worry about knox no tmobile employee will care when you trade in your device nor really check that.
RIP Tori Dean Crawford 2/26/93 - 06/04/12 Great Friend Who Will Forever Be Missed

Samsung Epic 4G:
Cyanogen Mod 7.2 @ 1.8 GHz
Cyanogen Mod 10 @ 1.0 GHz
Samsung Nexus S 4G:
Cyanogen Mod 10 ~ Matr1x @ 1.0GHz
AOKP MS 6 ~ Air @ 1.47GHz
Samsung Galaxy N2:
Stock @ 1.9GHz
LG Nexus 4:
Stock @ 1.83GHz
Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
Stock @ 3.0GHz

mlock420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLostSoulxX View Post
Do not worry about knox no tmobile employee will care when you trade in your device nor really check that.
Thanks dude I really hope your right...What root method should I use?

rhetorician
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yep--T-Mobile parts out devices and couldn't care less whether the device is modified. All they do is (briefly) inspect hardware, including water sensors, and ensures that it boots. That's it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rhetorician For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mlock420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhetorician View Post
Yep--T-Mobile parts out devices and couldn't care less whether the device is modified. All they do is (briefly) inspect hardware, including water sensors, and ensures that it boots. That's it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks man could you give me a recommendation on a root method. .. without a pc would be nice. . But if I have to have a pc I will. .. Any quick methods

MasterSe7en
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLostSoulxX View Post
Lost is 100% right there, i can totally attest to that.

As far as root method...i used CF-Auto-Root...but if you want to install a custom rom, youre going to HAVE to trip knox and void the warranty, the warranty is usually the samsung warranty you have to fear, but if youre going to t-mobile you will most likely be all set, even then there are way to restore everything.

But i own a Note 3 N900T but i use Straight talk with AT&T Towers.

If youre looking for ONLY root, then that wont help you debloat anything, that will just allow you to run unsigned Apps, but Chainfires autoroot is the only way to go IMHO in that aspect. If you dont understand the differences im almost finished Writing up my Root Q&A
AT&T HTC One M8
Gunmetal Gray
Zagg Glass Tempered glass Screen Protector
64GB Samsung Ultra Class 10 SD Card

Rom: Viper One currently
Recovery: Philz as usual
S-OFF: Pssh yeah
Rooted: ^ Duhh

Bought M8.....Bought S5.....Sold S5....Love M8 ^_^
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterSe7en For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]