Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Honest opinion. ..on tmobile

OP mlock420

17th February 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #1  
mlock420's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 302
 
783 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Hi guys I was just wondering if any of you guys have note 3 from tmobile... reason I ask is I wanna root without effecting knox security because I would like to keep my jump plan. ..I just wanna be able to debloat this phone and also I would like to use aroma type customization. ..I am used to epic 4G touch being rooted and I learnt so much with that phone I would like to learn note 3... but I don't wanna hurt my plan from tmobile because they actually let me purchase this beautiful phone with no contract and didn't have to pay a full price at once. ... Thanks to anybody that has any answers. ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
17th February 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #2  
XxLostSoulxX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ft. Worth
Thanks Meter: 439
 
3,747 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlock420

Hi guys I was just wondering if any of you guys have note 3 from tmobile... reason I ask is I wanna root without effecting knox security because I would like to keep my jump plan. ..I just wanna be able to debloat this phone and also I would like to use aroma type customization. ..I am used to epic 4G touch being rooted and I learnt so much with that phone I would like to learn note 3... but I don't wanna hurt my plan from tmobile because they actually let me purchase this beautiful phone with no contract and didn't have to pay a full price at once. ... Thanks to anybody that has any answers. ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

Do not worry about knox no tmobile employee will care when you trade in your device nor really check that.
17th February 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #3  
mlock420's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 302
 
783 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLostSoulxX

Do not worry about knox no tmobile employee will care when you trade in your device nor really check that.

Thanks dude I really hope your right...What root method should I use?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
17th February 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Yep--T-Mobile parts out devices and couldn't care less whether the device is modified. All they do is (briefly) inspect hardware, including water sensors, and ensures that it boots. That's it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rhetorician For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #5  
mlock420's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 302
 
783 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhetorician

Yep--T-Mobile parts out devices and couldn't care less whether the device is modified. All they do is (briefly) inspect hardware, including water sensors, and ensures that it boots. That's it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks man could you give me a recommendation on a root method. .. without a pc would be nice. . But if I have to have a pc I will. .. Any quick methods

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
17th February 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #6  
MasterSe7en's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Worcester
Thanks Meter: 18
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLostSoulxX

Do not worry about knox no tmobile employee will care when you trade in your device nor really check that.

Lost is 100% right there, i can totally attest to that.

As far as root method...i used CF-Auto-Root...but if you want to install a custom rom, youre going to HAVE to trip knox and void the warranty, the warranty is usually the samsung warranty you have to fear, but if youre going to t-mobile you will most likely be all set, even then there are way to restore everything.

But i own a Note 3 N900T but i use Straight talk with AT&T Towers.

If youre looking for ONLY root, then that wont help you debloat anything, that will just allow you to run unsigned Apps, but Chainfires autoroot is the only way to go IMHO in that aspect. If you dont understand the differences im almost finished Writing up my Root Q&A
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterSe7en For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes