Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N9005 - Cerberus / Avast Ant-theft - Hiding the location / GPS icon

Tip us?

silt1
Old
(Last edited by silt1; 17th February 2014 at 03:15 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default N9005 - Cerberus / Avast Ant-theft - Hiding the location / GPS icon

Hi,

I've just rooted my n9005 and installed cerberus in system-apps so that it doesn't get wiped out on factory reset. I am using the stock 4.4.2.

1) The problem is that every time I try to track my phone the GPS icon pops up in the notification bar. Moreover, when I roll down the notification bar and press the location tab, it shows some suspicious app trying to get access to the location (System Framework) which may alert the thief. Is there any way to get rid of the location/GPS icon and hide it in the location settings?

2) Is there a way to prevent the thief from flashing a new rom? I remeber reading about some usb-debugging lock but not sure how helpful that would be.

Thanks

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by silt1 View Post
Hi,

I've just rooted my n9005 and installed cerberus in system-apps so that it doesn't get wiped out on factory reset. I am using the stock 4.4.2.

1) The problem is that every time I try to track my phone the GPS icon pops up in the notification bar. Moreover, when I roll down the notification bar and press the location tab, it shows some suspicious app trying to get access to the location (System Framework) which may alert the thief. Is there any way to get rid of the location/GPS icon and hide it in the location settings?

2) Is there a way to prevent the thief from flashing a new rom? I remeber reading about some usb-debugging lock but not sure how helpful that would be.

Thanks
Questions should not be posted in General!

Search around about reactivation lock.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7