Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 50,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Z1 C6903 Fully working but Black Screen / No Displaay??

Tip us?

Az-Tech
Old
(Last edited by Az-Tech; 17th February 2014 at 01:32 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Xperia Z1 C6903 Fully working but Black Screen / No Displaay??

Hello Forum,

Newbie so excuse me if wrong section. I picked up a Xperia Z1 C6903 from eBay as spares/repairs (so I do not know history) turns out the phone is in working order (mirrored actions with my Xperia Z) but the screen display is black with no visuals (touch screen works).

Can someone tell me if they have experienced the same problem with the Z1 C6903 and if they managed to solve it?
(quite a few XZUltra mention SOD (Sleep Of Death) on forum but with no fix - but my problem is the phone is still active but no diplay)

I hoping this is a firmware issue and will attempt to root to original firmware as it is currently on the latest 257 FW - I have managed to take screenshot from the service menu.

So can i get advice - what is the best way to root it to original firmware (bootloader locked) with minimal risk of bricking it as i have never rooted a phone before but I am tech savy & quick learner - PC companion or Flash tool?

Thanks in advance

(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2574764)
(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2452814)

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
How did you do the screenshots if the Display is Black all the time? or is not? Is sometime still working like in boot when the logo Sony appear that mean is not faulty and is software related.

Use Flashtool and flash a Stock Generic Unbranded FTF for your model. Let's see if the display will be back.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Az-Tech
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The screen is always black but responsive to touch - I placed the Xperia Z1 beside my Xperia Z and mirrored each touch to get to the service menu - it took a few attempts but I managed to take screenshot and NFC image to my Xperia Z

I think the problem is with display maybe hardware or software as i am not sure how it may have been caused as i do not know the history - but strange how it still operates

will read more in depth on flashing before attempting to do it as i have no experince in this field YET and do not want to brick it

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4923

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az-Tech View Post
The screen is always black but responsive to touch - I placed the Xperia Z1 beside my Xperia Z and mirrored each touch to get to the service menu - it took a few attempts but I managed to take screenshot and NFC image to my Xperia Z

I think the problem is with display maybe hardware or software as i am not sure how it may have been caused as i do not know the history - but strange how it still operates

will read more in depth on flashing before attempting to do it as i have no experince in this field YET and do not want to brick it

Hehe...nice idea how to take a screenshots :thumbup:

BTW - just go to flash mode and flash via flashtool 257 firmware.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk