How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Really annoying issue with Google account sign in.

OP Prophet16

17th February 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #1  
Prophet16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 19
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
So I've been having this strange problem and I am convinced there is no simple solution. Every time I wipe date and install a rom, I try to sign in to the Google account during setup, and I keep getting an error saying that there was a problem communicating with Google servers. I've done a factory reset, formatted everything, tried different RUUs, and nothing seems to work. I just can't sign in on a Sense 5.5 rom. So now I want to clear the phone completely, because there must be something that no form of wiping is touching. A stock RUU can't solve the problem and I don't know what can. I even tried using LTE instead of WiFi and still no luck. Does anyone have any clue about this?
17th February 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #2  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sesvete, Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 700
 
1,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet16

So I've been having this strange problem and I am convinced there is no simple solution. Every time I wipe date and install a rom, I try to sign in to the Google account during setup, and I keep getting an error saying that there was a problem communicating with Google servers. I've done a factory reset, formatted everything, tried different RUUs, and nothing seems to work. I just can't sign in on a Sense 5.5 rom. So now I want to clear the phone completely, because there must be something that no form of wiping is touching. A stock RUU can't solve the problem and I don't know what can. I even tried using LTE instead of WiFi and still no luck. Does anyone have any clue about this?

I had the same thing. My solution was wipe everyithing except data and internal memory. After that no more errors
17th February 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #3  
Prophet16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 19
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong1

I had the same thing. My solution was wipe everyithing except data and internal memory. After that no more errors

But I have wiped everything including internal storage and used usb-otg to install roms. Nothing works. Are you sure that will fix this?

EDIT: Can confirm that your recommendation doesn't work for me. I decided to flash a different rom (InsertCoin) and in this one I can sign in, but it won't sync, it just keeps saying "Google Sync error."
Last edited by Prophet16; 17th February 2014 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Update
17th February 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #4  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sesvete, Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 700
 
1,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet16

But I have wiped everything including internal storage and used usb-otg to install roms. Nothing works. Are you sure that will fix this?

It did the trick for me. Also, I mount system in recovery before doing anything. I'm pretty new to this phone and never used any recovery except 4ext on my Desire and Evo so I can't be 100% sure, leaving data did the trick for me
17th February 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #5  
Prophet16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 19
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
I've tried a few new things so far. I used the mkfs.ext4 file to format the data partition as I think that's where the source of the issue lies. But I also used fastboot to format system. If this doesn't work then I don't know what else to to. I might be forced to run a GPe rom or some other android rom. I just strongly prefer sense.
17th February 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #6  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,154
 
4,246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet16

I've tried a few new things so far. I used the mkfs.ext4 file to format the data partition as I think that's where the source of the issue lies. But I also used fastboot to format system. If this doesn't work then I don't know what else to to. I might be forced to run a GPe rom or some other android rom. I just strongly prefer sense.

whats happens if you start a new account
17th February 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #7  
Prophet16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 19
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
It won't work. I tried typing in random letters in to the user name and password box but it doesn't even try to connect.
18th February 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #8  
Prophet16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 19
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Well I've got bad news. I managed to hard brick my device, so this issues I was having is not an issue for me anymore. But if anyone can help find a solution that would be appreciated as I'm sure someone else might be facing the same problem.
18th February 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 434
 
1,788 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Define hard brick
18th February 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #10  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,154
 
4,246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

Define hard brick

Hard Brick = Phone that has been thrown on the floor and crushed with a very large rock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
error, google, sign in
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes