MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more
Post Reply

[Q] Really annoying issue with Google account sign in.

17th February 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #1  
Prophet16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 17
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
So I've been having this strange problem and I am convinced there is no simple solution. Every time I wipe date and install a rom, I try to sign in to the Google account during setup, and I keep getting an error saying that there was a problem communicating with Google servers. I've done a factory reset, formatted everything, tried different RUUs, and nothing seems to work. I just can't sign in on a Sense 5.5 rom. So now I want to clear the phone completely, because there must be something that no form of wiping is touching. A stock RUU can't solve the problem and I don't know what can. I even tried using LTE instead of WiFi and still no luck. Does anyone have any clue about this?
17th February 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #2  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sesvete, Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 481
 
1,511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet16

So I've been having this strange problem and I am convinced there is no simple solution. Every time I wipe date and install a rom, I try to sign in to the Google account during setup, and I keep getting an error saying that there was a problem communicating with Google servers. I've done a factory reset, formatted everything, tried different RUUs, and nothing seems to work. I just can't sign in on a Sense 5.5 rom. So now I want to clear the phone completely, because there must be something that no form of wiping is touching. A stock RUU can't solve the problem and I don't know what can. I even tried using LTE instead of WiFi and still no luck. Does anyone have any clue about this?

I had the same thing. My solution was wipe everyithing except data and internal memory. After that no more errors
17th February 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #3  
Prophet16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 17
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong1

I had the same thing. My solution was wipe everyithing except data and internal memory. After that no more errors

But I have wiped everything including internal storage and used usb-otg to install roms. Nothing works. Are you sure that will fix this?

EDIT: Can confirm that your recommendation doesn't work for me. I decided to flash a different rom (InsertCoin) and in this one I can sign in, but it won't sync, it just keeps saying "Google Sync error."
Last edited by Prophet16; 17th February 2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Update
17th February 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #4  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sesvete, Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 481
 
1,511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet16

But I have wiped everything including internal storage and used usb-otg to install roms. Nothing works. Are you sure that will fix this?

It did the trick for me. Also, I mount system in recovery before doing anything. I'm pretty new to this phone and never used any recovery except 4ext on my Desire and Evo so I can't be 100% sure, leaving data did the trick for me
17th February 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #5  
Prophet16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 17
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
I've tried a few new things so far. I used the mkfs.ext4 file to format the data partition as I think that's where the source of the issue lies. But I also used fastboot to format system. If this doesn't work then I don't know what else to to. I might be forced to run a GPe rom or some other android rom. I just strongly prefer sense.
17th February 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #6  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,007
 
3,763 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet16

I've tried a few new things so far. I used the mkfs.ext4 file to format the data partition as I think that's where the source of the issue lies. But I also used fastboot to format system. If this doesn't work then I don't know what else to to. I might be forced to run a GPe rom or some other android rom. I just strongly prefer sense.

whats happens if you start a new account
17th February 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #7  
Prophet16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 17
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
It won't work. I tried typing in random letters in to the user name and password box but it doesn't even try to connect.
18th February 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #8  
Prophet16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 17
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Well I've got bad news. I managed to hard brick my device, so this issues I was having is not an issue for me anymore. But if anyone can help find a solution that would be appreciated as I'm sure someone else might be facing the same problem.
18th February 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 418
 
1,731 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Define hard brick
18th February 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #10  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,007
 
3,763 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

Define hard brick

Hard Brick = Phone that has been thrown on the floor and crushed with a very large rock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
error, google, sign in
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes