Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[HELP] Help with comparison with phones...

OP nathlynn22

16th February 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69

944 posts
More
At present I have a HTC one and an Xperia Z Ultra. Wondering whether to get a htc one max and sell my other phones or sell both and get a note 3 or keep the Xperia z ultra and sell the HTC one. I'm unsure does anyone have some advice other suggestions etc please help.
17th February 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kaohsiung
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
More
just my opinion
If you prefer performance, then keep ZU or sell for Note 3
If you are not really care about performance, just choose your ideal phone

There are so many factors can change your mind, it could be performance, screen size or phone body, etc.

Read by my HTC One max itself
17th February 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag Long Island
Thanks Meter: 14

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathlynn22

At present I have a HTC one and an Xperia Z Ultra. Wondering whether to get a htc one max and sell my other phones or sell both and get a note 3 or keep the Xperia z ultra and sell the HTC one. I'm unsure does anyone have some advice other suggestions etc please help.

Keeping in mind that I'm heavily One Max biased, This is an extremely capable device. Gorgeous fullHD screen + front facing stereo speakers (sound is to die for!) = Mini Home Theater. Runs super smooth, never hiccups. My battery lasts a full day. I thought having only SD600 and 2GB RAM was going to be an issue for me but it's totally not. I beat on her and she's snappy enough for me... and nothing's snappy enough for me! Oh and I love my camera, pics are great, a million times better than my last phone.

Note 3 was what I was originally going to buy. I played with it a lot while waiting for One Max to be released. Beautiful device, super fast, Day-Glo screen LOL. It's... well... it's a Samsung Galaxy (It should be noted that we own 5 Samsung Galaxies) Clunky UI, TouchWiz , insane bloatware, SuperAMOLED screen. I am personally not a fan of Samsung screen tech. Colors over-saturated and unnatural. The Note does have some cool and unique capabilities, like It's S-Pen and Multi-app.

To be perfectly honest I have no hands on experience with Z Ultra. It's gorgeous, glass, waterproof, great specs, I'd have one for fun if I was rich.

Also for your consideration is the recently launched LG G Pro 2. 5.9" 1920x1080... Equally comparable in specs to the Note and the Z Ultra, It's also equally as pretty.

Good luck deciding!
17th February 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69

944 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA181891

just my opinion
If you prefer performance, then keep ZU or sell for Note 3
If you are not really care about performance, just choose your ideal phone

There are so many factors can change your mind, it could be performance, screen size or phone body, etc.

Read by my HTC One max itself

Your right so many factors haha. There's a constant battle going on in my head for past couple of weeks. To be honest I just chucked the note 3 in there as another phone. Although I like the idea of some of there stuff the ui is horrible. And still don't like the design that much. The xzu is a powerhouse it is so smooth. The ui is great best I've seen but to me it is other parts letting it down. The screen is stupidly sensitive to the point if the screen is abit dirty from fingerprints (it is a fingerprint magnet) then the screen can go crazy with phantom touches etc it's installed with a factory installed anti shatter film which also scratches quite easily. There's no ir blaster. And the thing I hate is its such a big phone they for some reason couldn't incorporate a god damn flash. Plus the Sony throw (dlna) is pretty ropey to say the least with my HTC one it would play one video then play the next without having to mess around. With the xzu it can be a night mare and that's if you even get it to work. Sometimes I have to turn off wifi on phone then back on or even turn off the phone completely all while turning off TV to get a connection. It can be a frustrating phone to say the least. @neodiver the water proof isn't all that you have to compromise for sound quality. But it is a luxury device. But for luxury the price for accessories is crazy, for the xzu power case it's about 110... But again while I sent the xzu off for repair last week. I hugely missed the phone. I was using my HTC one and was not impressed having to use it. I'm not sure if that was small screen phobia or what haha. But it was lacking. It may have been the rom I was on. It was great to have a good camera phone back but still. If you guys could give me advice. I don't mind how biased you are towards the phone.I had a demo on the phone over weekend. At the moment the power is in your hands haha. What is the camera like? Is it same as htc one? Does the sd600 let it down I'm any way. What is Dev support like. Is it rootable. I may even try a gpe rom is the one available. I guess it has xposed bit can you use the toolbox.apk. Which is on htc one on the max? What do you guys think of the HTC accessories if you have them or even if there are any out... I haven't yet checked. Does it work with the Sony smartwatch 2 I don't have 1 but may give it a go at some stage. Etc. Thanks if you do manage to read my long ramble.
Oh I will have a search for that LG. Might not be available in UK yet as haven't heard much of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodiver

Keeping in mind that I'm heavily One Max biased, This is an extremely capable device. Gorgeous fullHD screen + front facing stereo speakers (sound is to die for!) = Mini Home Theater. Runs super smooth, never hiccups. My battery lasts a full day. I thought having only SD600 and 2GB RAM was going to be an issue for me but it's totally not. I beat on her and she's snappy enough for me... and nothing's snappy enough for me! Oh and I love my camera, pics are great, a million times better than my last phone.

Note 3 was what I was originally going to buy. I played with it a lot while waiting for One Max to be released. Beautiful device, super fast, Day-Glo screen LOL. It's... well... it's a Samsung Galaxy (It should be noted that we own 5 Samsung Galaxies) Clunky UI, TouchWiz , insane bloatware, SuperAMOLED screen. I am personally not a fan of Samsung screen tech. Colors over-saturated and unnatural. The Note does have some cool and unique capabilities, like It's S-Pen and Multi-app.

To be perfectly honest I have no hands on experience with Z Ultra. It's gorgeous, glass, waterproof, great specs, I'd have one for fun if I was rich.

Also for your consideration is the recently launched LG G Pro 2. 5.9" 1920x1080... Equally comparable in specs to the Note and the Z Ultra, It's also equally as pretty.

Good luck deciding!

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
17th February 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #5  
Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,352

6,216 posts
Thread closed

Comparison threads are not allowed

Ghost
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread