5,594,282 Members 43,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android(KitKat) - Storage Access Framework Support to Open Pdf/docx?

Tip us?

rajesh_s76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Android(KitKat) - Storage Access Framework Support to Open Pdf/docx?

I have few queries on regarding SAF framework. i would like to do SAF integration with my client application.

could you please clarify will it possible using SAF.

1. SAF exposed set of API to integrate within the Android Application or Activity. ?

2. In my client application, Attachment of the mail contains(docx,csv,xls, pdf,video file, ). could you please explain how to open the email attachment using SAF.
will SAF support all the attachment format.

3. Specifically how to open Docx and PDF format within my Email client ?.

4. DOCX format will it support office 2003 or 2005 or 2010 is there any restrictions on support

could you share sample code or links.

sak-venom1997
Old
Thanks Meter 389

DONATE TO ME
@rajesh_s76
1. SAF exposed set of API to integrate within the Android Application or Activity. ?

2. In my client application, Attachment of the mail contains(docx,csv,xls, pdf,video file, ). could you please explain how to open the email attachment using SAF.

ALL THE ABOVE CAN BE FOUND ON THAT LIBRARY'S PAGE

4. DOCX format will it support office 2003 or 2005 or 2010 is there any restrictions on support

THE .docx IS SUPPORTED BY ONLY OFFICE 2007 AND ABOVE

Sent from my GT-S5302 using Tapatalk 2

rajesh_s76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for response. Could you please detailed or share the exact link where can i find answer for these questions on the Library page. i could not able find.

DOCX format will it support office 2003 or 2005 or 2010 can get support with in the API to open the document ?.

Thanks once again.

Regds,
Rajesh. S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak-venom1997 View Post
@rajesh_s76

ALL THE ABOVE CAN BE FOUND ON THAT LIBRARY'S PAGE

THE .docx IS SUPPORTED BY ONLY OFFICE 2007 AND ABOVE

Sent from my GT-S5302 using Tapatalk 2

sak-venom1997
Old
Thanks Meter 389

DONATE TO ME
Default Try apache OpenOffice API

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh_s76 View Post
Thanks for response. Could you please detailed or share the exact link where can i find answer for these questions on the Library page. i could not able find.

DOCX format will it support office 2003 or 2005 or 2010 can get support with in the API to open the document ?.

Thanks once again.

Regds,
Rajesh. S
Have a look at
The Apache OpenOffice API Project
OpenOffice.org offers a language independent application programming interface (API) which allows to program the office in different programming languages (e.g. C++, Java, Python, CLI, StarBasic, JavaScript, OLE). It allows to use OpenOffice.org as service provider in other applications, extend it with new functionality or simply customize and control OpenOffice.org.

OpenOffice

The library you were speaking about is of the books could'nt find a word about that try this it one of the best !