Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 46,997 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to update recovery to KK

Tip us?
 
exz8
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 113
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default [Q] How to update recovery to KK

for flashing kitkat need to update recovery.

Can anyone guide how to download the latest recovery?
Tq.
 
catarifrangente
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 112
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by exz8 View Post
for flashing kitkat need to update recovery.

Can anyone guide how to download the latest recovery?
Tq.
CWM's last update is inside CM 11. When you install CM 11 from ddlf2 base the CWM recovery will be automatically updated!
 
exz8
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 113
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by catarifrangente View Post
CWM's last update is inside CM 11. When you install CM 11 from ddlf2 base the CWM recovery will be automatically updated!
how to do it from stock...
because of hang issue while flashing kitkat, I've stock it via odin...

I'm use this cwm
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1151704

but installation aborted...
this cwm not good though
The Following User Says Thank You to exz8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
catarifrangente
Old
(Last edited by catarifrangente; 17th February 2014 at 12:29 PM.)
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 112
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by exz8 View Post
how to do it from stock...
because of hang issue while flashing kitkat, I've stock it via odin...

I'm use this cwm
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1151704

but installation aborted...
this cwm not good though
Flash DDLF2 via odin

Flash CF-root ------> DDLF2 and CF-root here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2329200

Copy CM 11 in ext sd card from PC

Go to recovery vol up+home+power (this recovery is in green color), go to "mounts and storage" and mount all you can see is unmounted.

Flash CM 11

Now you are on the new CWM recovery (in light blue color)

Go to "mounts and storage" and mount all you can see is unmounted.

Flash CM 11

Reboot recovery

Flash Gapps

Now you'll be fine
 
exz8
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 113
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by catarifrangente View Post
Flash DDLF2 via odin

Flash CF-root ------> DDLF2 and CF-root here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2329200

Copy CM 11 in ext sd card from PC

Go to recovery vol up+home+power (this recovery is in green color), go to "mounts and storage" and mount all you can see is unmounted.

Flash CM 11

Now you are on the new CWM recovery (in light blue color)

Go to "mounts and storage" and mount all you can see is unmounted.

Flash CM 11

Reboot recovery

Flash Gapps

Now you'll be fine




Is it same with here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192613

I just use KPE FULL and just ignore to Odin LF2...

So, this is why I can't flash cm11. Is it
 
catarifrangente
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 112
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by exz8 View Post
Is it same with here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192613

I just use KPE FULL and just ignore to Odin LF2... the procedure is the same as written in the thread you linked me.

So, this is why I can't flash cm11. Is it
I think lf2 is better than kpe because more recent version, even if cm11 would also work on kpe with kpe's cfroot.
If you get status 7 error installation aborted try to mount all in cwm "mounts storage".

If it does not work try to redownload cm11 (it can be a corrupted file) and copy it on your ext sd card inserting the card directly in your pc (not connecting the phone via usb mode). Let me know how it goes.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more

Enable Heads Up Notifications For The Sprint Galaxy S3

Heads up notifications, in case you didn’t already know, are an experimental … more

Android One Goes Live in India!

Android One is a Google initiative set to bring an AOSP-like experience tosome emergingmarkets like India, … more