XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Frozen on "Downloading..."

Tip us?

douger1957
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggums View Post
Could you link me to it? I can't find anything that deals with soft-brick reversing for MK2.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

Verizon Samsung Galaxy 4 Hyperdrive ROM RLS 14 Safestrapped on MK2 Base
The Following User Says Thank You to douger1957 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ziggums
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by douger1957 View Post
Thanks! I assume I would need to do the full-wipe process rather than the no-wipe process?

douger1957
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Thanks! I assume I would need to do the full-wipe process rather than the no-wipe process?
I think in the long run a full wipe is always the best route.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy 4 Hyperdrive ROM RLS 14 Safestrapped on MK2 Base
The Following User Says Thank You to douger1957 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ziggums
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by douger1957 View Post
I think in the long run a full wipe is always the best route.
The link was exactly what I needed! The video link they had was especially helpful, I returned to stock. I do have a question moving on from here though... Can I use Odin to try to flash CM10.2 (the one that was unsuccessful previously)? And what recovery do you recommend? The other posters mentioned something about Safe... I'm really just trying to get a smooth, stable ROM so I don't have to deal with the bloatware and can customize a bit more for what I need. Sorry if I'm annoying, but I appreciate all the help!

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
The link was exactly what I needed! The video link they had was especially helpful, I returned to stock. I do have a question moving on from here though... Can I use Odin to try to flash CM10.2 (the one that was unsuccessful previously)? And what recovery do you recommend? The other posters mentioned something about Safe... I'm really just trying to get a smooth, stable ROM so I don't have to deal with the bloatware and can customize a bit more for what I need. Sorry if I'm annoying, but I appreciate all the help!
Being on MK2 your ONLY option is Safestrap. No Cm, no AOSP.....Just TW. You have a lot of research to do. Start here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Please do some research...you can't install cm or asop base roms or custom recovery like cwm or twrp...your only option is safestrap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94