Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply

[Q] [i Need Help] Root Htc One XAt&t? Official 4.2.2

OP maiguel5

16th February 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #11  
pandasa123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Grafton
Thanks Meter: 1,157
 
1,484 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickoncr

Can I downgrade yo 4.1.1 and unlock the bootloader? I did not knew this patched

No. This is why you wait and read before ANY OTA or RUU

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasa123

No. This is why you wait and read before ANY OTA or RUU

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Any idea or suggestion to unlock the hotspot. I just need the hotspot unlocked I don't need to be root or superiser. I just need the hotspot unlocked, I have tried with Foxfi but it just allow to tether by usb. Any idea for this? Thank you
16th February 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #13  
timmaaa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6,797
 
14,106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
No you can't without unlocking the unlocking the bootloader and rooting. It's a fairly well established (and discussed) fact that official updates patch root exploits, that's why it pays to research before doing something like that.

Sent from my Evita
16th February 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

No you can't without unlocking the unlocking the bootloader and rooting. It's a fairly well established (and discussed) fact that official updates patch root exploits, that's why it pays to research before doing something like that.

Sent from my Evita

Well I am just a normal phone user. I am not that expert on android facts. I did not know about this. So I have to wait to a coming solutions for this 4.2.2? Thanks
16th February 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #15  
pandasa123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Grafton
Thanks Meter: 1,157
 
1,484 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickoncr

Well I am just a normal phone user. I am not that expert on android facts. I did not know about this. So I have to wait to a coming solutions for this 4.2.2? Thanks

If a dev has interest trying, he will find a way. But the thing is, most devs won't have interest. So sit tight and maybe send a bounty

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
17th February 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasa123

If a dev has interest trying, he will find a way. But the thing is, most devs won't have interest. So sit tight and maybe send a bounty

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

I am not expert on this. Where can I send or contact a dev? Thanks you
17th February 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #17  
timmaaa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6,797
 
14,106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickoncr

I am not expert on this. Where can I send or contact a dev? Thanks you

You can't. If a dev wants to do it he will do it without any need for encouragement.

Sent from my Evita
17th February 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #18  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,120
 
7,039 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickoncr

Can I downgrade yo 4.1.1 and unlock the bootloader? I did not knew this patched

When its answered on here there is no method to unlock the bootloader, this includes downgrading. If there was a downgrade method, you would have been directed to that. Downgrading is not allowed on Android without root.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickoncr

Well I am just a normal phone user. I am not that expert on android facts. I did not know about this.

By buying a phone from a source other than your carrier, and also asking to mod the phone to work beyond its intended features (even though WiFi hotspot is intended to work on just about any carrier version except AT&T) you put yourself out of the category of "normal phone user" and it also means you have to do the proper research. Not knowing is no excuse.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in One X Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank