There is either still some moisture, corrosion or contamination inside the phone; or there was a short circuit caused by the moisture.
If your intent is to fix the root cause, you will either need to dry the device more in rice (24 hours does not seem long enough to me, I would have done longer); or open up the device to dry the inside or clean up any corrosion or contamination (I've seen some folks recommend isopropyl alcohol). But its possible a short circuit has already done the damage, and it can't be fixed.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!
Phone: HTC One X (AT&T version) Rooted, Bootloader Unlocked, S-Off
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (WiFi only) Rooted