Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Jb 4.1.2 aosp

Tip us?
 
mcgi5sr2
Old
#1  
mcgi5sr2's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 287
Posts: 361
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sheffield
Cool Jb 4.1.2 aosp

I have been learning how to work in the android environment for a little while now, and want to move onto learning how to create roms from AOSP rather than other peoples existing work. This would allow a lot more freedom. The current dream is to create a JB 4.1.2 rom from AOSP, then release it as a base rom to allow anyone else to rip it up just as they want. Once developed it could be used to show examples of how to use apktool and others to customise your own rom.

Potentially the process could be documented here so that other people could build there own. I don't know how many people still use this phone, but it would be a good learning process.

So is anyone else interested? Currently I know next to nothing so we would be starting from there
Samsung i9300
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mcgi5sr2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MScorporation95
Old
#2  
MScorporation95's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 128
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Raipur
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgi5sr2 View Post
I have been learning how to work in the android environment for a little while now, and want to move onto learning how to create roms from AOSP rather than other peoples existing work. This would allow a lot more freedom. The current dream is to create a JB 4.1.2 rom from AOSP, then release it as a base rom to allow anyone else to rip it up just as they want. Once developed it could be used to show examples of how to use apktool and others to customise your own rom.

Potentially the process could be documented here so that other people could build there own. I don't know how many people still use this phone, but it would be a good learning process.

So is anyone else interested? Currently I know next to nothing so we would be starting from there
I'm up.. :thumbup:
 
mcgi5sr2
Old
#3  
mcgi5sr2's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 287
Posts: 361
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sheffield
Quote:
Originally Posted by MScorporation95 View Post
I

I'm up.. :thumbup:
Awesome, as a progress report I have so far managed to download and install the sdk, with JB4.1.2 APIs. Next I'm going to read, this is going to be a nice slow burner.
Samsung i9300
 
MameTozhio
Old
#4  
MameTozhio's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,260
Posts: 2,225
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Canada

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgi5sr2 View Post
Awesome, as a progress report I have so far managed to download and install the sdk, with JB4.1.2 APIs. Next I'm going to read, this is going to be a nice slow burner.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2091353
The Following User Says Thank You to MameTozhio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mcgi5sr2
Old
#5  
mcgi5sr2's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 287
Posts: 361
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sheffield
Quote:
Originally Posted by MameTozhio View Post
Super! Thank you
Samsung i9300
 
bratusm
Old
#6  
bratusm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 188
Posts: 409
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ljubljana

 
DONATE TO ME
@mcgi5sr2

Thanks! Good idea!!!

I believe you already know about that, but just in case:
- Guide Ride-From a Newbie to a Dev: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2281656
- Complete Android ROM development and essential tutorials: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1661770
- Rickys Rom Kitchen 2.0/Android Everything Tool 10.0: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2200660
 
mcgi5sr2
Old
#7  
mcgi5sr2's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 287
Posts: 361
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sheffield
Quote:
Originally Posted by bratusm View Post
@mcgi5sr2

Thanks! Good idea!!!

I believe you already know about that, but just in case:
- Guide Ride-From a Newbie to a Dev: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2281656
- Complete Android ROM development and essential tutorials: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1661770
- Rickys Rom Kitchen 2.0/Android Everything Tool 10.0: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2200660
Thanks Bratusm,
I am still dreaming of a Vanilla for as many Androids versions as I can muster, however I have been informed it is a complete nightmare for our device, so the first step I am taking will be learning to build CM10, if I can get anything like the stability Lloir and Maxwen got, I'll use that learning to go forward, either with a Slim build or another. I doubt I will release much work as it will fall short of what others have achieved, but I will be available to help others as I learn along the way. I am already thinking of adding a what is tutorial for the SlimRom I've messed with, along with a guide to apks compiling and decompiling. The idea is to make an easy route for anyone who wants to learn what I have so far, and then they can take it and smash up other peoples roms to there hearts contents just like me
Samsung i9300
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcgi5sr2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bratusm
Old
#8  
bratusm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 188
Posts: 409
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ljubljana

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgi5sr2 View Post
Thanks Bratusm,
I am still dreaming of a Vanilla for as many Androids versions as I can muster, however I have been informed it is a complete nightmare for our device, so the first step I am taking will be learning to build CM10, if I can get anything like the stability Lloir and Maxwen got, I'll use that learning to go forward, either with a Slim build or another. I doubt I will release much work as it will fall short of what others have achieved, but I will be available to help others as I learn along the way. I am already thinking of adding a what is tutorial for the SlimRom I've messed with, along with a guide to apks compiling and decompiling. The idea is to make an easy route for anyone who wants to learn what I have so far, and then they can take it and smash up other peoples roms to there hearts contents just like me
 
mcgi5sr2
Old
#9  
mcgi5sr2's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 287
Posts: 361
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sheffield
Quote:
Originally Posted by bratusm View Post
One step closer, just built my first CM10 from source, using Maxwens and Lloirs work. There is always hope that I will be able to pull off more. tbh I'll be sitting down with some pen and paper and drawing out a map of what the blazes everything is next!
Samsung i9300

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more

MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more