Firefox OS: 17 Smartphones & 40+ Markets In 2015

The post Firefox OS: 17 Smartphones & 40+ Markets In 2015 appeared first on … more

Samsung Unpacked Coverage: All About the S6

more

Samsung Galaxy S6 Cameras

more

The Battery Behind the Samsung S6 and S6 Edge

more
Post Reply

Record calls

OP le grande magnetto

24th January 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #1  
le grande magnetto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,340
 
1,251 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
I would like to know if there is decent (if any at all) app to record calls. I am basically concerned about 920 lumia but I guess its the same for all WP8 phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to le grande magnetto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
I don't think it's possible since WP8 Apps work in a sandbox, so no app can interfere with another app (like e.g. Phone App and a recorder app.)
The Following User Says Thank You to hutchinsane_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #3  
anothertrad's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchinsane_

I don't think it's possible since WP8 Apps work in a sandbox, so no app can interfere with another app (like e.g. Phone App and a recorder app.)

so you're saying this is architecturally not possible? it's not something they can just "enable" in a future release? (this is the only thing holding me from buying a WP8 phone, record calls is part of my list of basic things a phone must do )
2nd February 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Well, if Microsoft wants it to be possible it will be possible. But at the moment, no third party app can record calls.
2nd February 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #5  
le grande magnetto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,340
 
1,251 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothertrad

so you're saying this is architecturally not possible? it's not something they can just "enable" in a future release? (this is the only thing holding me from buying a WP8 phone, record calls is part of my list of basic things a phone must do )

Yup, that is an option I use often too.
15th February 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #6  
anothertrad's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Fyi we can vote for this feature here on windowsphone.uservoice.com. search for "call record" there's one with over 1000 votes already
The Following User Says Thank You to anothertrad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #7  
le grande magnetto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,340
 
1,251 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothertrad

Fyi we can vote for this feature here on windowsphone.uservoice.com. search for "call record" there's one with over 1000 votes already

I will, thanks for the link

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call record, call recorder, wp8
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes