XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] google play keeps crashing

Tip us?

DillonL25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] google play keeps crashing

I'm not too sure how to start this so I'll just start in the beginning.
My phone is rooted and it has been for a while and i wanted to downgrade my play store to 3.7 but my phone came from the factory with the newest play store pre-installed so i couldn't just go into manage apps and uninstall updates because my phone never had 3.7 on it so i uninstalled the play store using my root uninstaller (like an idiot) and went through a time period of about a week where I couldn't even get the play store installed. last night i finally got it installed to the point where I could actually see the app in my apps list. So after getting the play store re-installed I thought i was finally done with this problem. However when i touch the app icon to open the play store the screen just hangs stays black for a few seconds before telling me that the google play store stopped working. so im stuck with the app closing pretty much right after i open it. If ANYONE has any idea what to do i would be extremely grateful.

DillonL25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can anyone help? Still hasn't opened properly and I can't figure out why

17viper17
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DillonL25 View Post
Can anyone help? Still hasn't opened properly and I can't figure out why
Had the same problem before, Google Play Store closing on touch. Solved it by installing it at system app. Since you are rooted you can easily do this.