Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,218 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need Help ASAP -- Phone Can't Enter Recovery

Tip us?

BlackHayze
Old
(Last edited by BlackHayze; 17th February 2014 at 01:44 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Need Help ASAP -- Phone Can't Enter Recovery

Hi all,

I was having some issues sideloading a ROM in TWRP 2.6.3.4, but eventually was able to adb push the ROM in (ViperOne 5.0.0). After that, I got an install failed (which is bad in and of itself, as I have no OS installed currently) and told me to try installing TWRP 2.6.3.3, which I did from it's Aroma menu, and now my phone will not enter into recovery at all! I've tried 2.6.3.4, 2.6.3.3, and now just tried 2.6.3.0.

Any help at all would be extremely appreciated, I may have broken my phone here, and am really worried.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I can get 2.6.3.4 working and running, but anything under 2.6.3.4 will not work anymore, even though I just had 2.6.3.0 working on there.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 396
If you can boot to TWRP, either use adb push or adb sideload

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 881
fastboot erase cache

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2717
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHayze View Post
EDIT: I can get 2.6.3.4 working and running, but anything under 2.6.3.4 will not work anymore, even though I just had 2.6.3.0 working on there.
Make sure you're using the right recovery for you phone; I didnt know ViperOne had recoveries in installer, but I think ViperOne is compatible with GSM and CDMA phones, if that is true, then 2.6.3.3 and .4 are for GSM and 2.6.3.0 is probably for CDMA (Sprint)

I would also recommend flashing recovery yourself using fastboot:
fastboot flash recovery <name of recovery>.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

making sure you get the correct TWRP for you phone model.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlackHayze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
Make sure you're using the right recovery for you phone; I didnt know ViperOne had recoveries in installer, but I think ViperOne is compatible with GSM and CDMA phones, if that is true, then 2.6.3.3 and .4 are for GSM and 2.6.3.0 is probably for CDMA (Sprint)

I would also recommend flashing recovery yourself using fastboot:
fastboot flash recovery <name of recovery>.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

making sure you get the correct TWRP for you phone model.
Yeah I had found a 2.6.3.4 for Sprint that I flashed manually before, and that worked fine as far as starting the recovery up and everything. But, it couldn't install ViperOne correctly, and so ViperOne has an option in the Aroma installer to install a recovery, and since I had never found a 2.6.3.3 file to manually flash, but was on 2.6.3.4 I never even thought that it may not be a recovery built for my phone and it messed everything up.

That's the last time I'm gonna let anything install stuff for me, I always prefer the manual way. I suggest the auto flashers and installers to people like my mom who only really wants root for a certain few features, but I'm usually a manual guy.

Luckily, the RUU worked and I was able to get ViperOne installed on 2.6.3.0.... Sad thing is that's the same recovery I was running before this entire fiasco haha. What a night for me.