5,597,707 Members 35,623 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fast Drainage of battery?

Tip us?

zener773
Old
Thanks Meter 10
In my case, I'd been hooked to "Injustice:God Among Us". That accounts for 11% of the battery so far.

AxperiaU
Old
Thanks Meter 5
For me signing out of Google now, disabling location services did the trick.

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392457492339.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	2580573  

Mr.Scrooby
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by if0rg0t View Post
I've gotten the 1-2%/hr battery drain overnight when in airplane mode AND location services turned off.
Try to restart the phone after you turn off location and before turning on airplane mode.

Sprint82
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
A New update is out, I hope Motorola fixes the discussed issue in the New Version. Has someone downloaded it and feels a difference in battery Drainage?

if0rg0t
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Here's another example of crazy battery drain at night. This time the device was in safe mode with no apps running. Location services was off. The point at which the severe battery drain started was after my alarm went off in the morning. I turned my alarm off opened up a simple web page in Chrome, and that's it. Android OS was a major battery consumer, and the keep awake time matched up with the duration of the severe battery drain.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

scott_doyland
Old
Thanks Meter 129
The BBC Weather app causes a lot of Android System NlpWakeLocks as seen by WakeLack Detector App on 4.4.2.

I was on rooted 4.3. Wanted to go to 4.4.2 so flashed stock 4.3 and allowed 4.4.2 OTA. Started to get a lot of Android System NlpWakeLocks's.

Used fastboot to erase system, cache, userdata partitions and then flashed 4.4.2 direct from official firmware. Still same issue.

After investiagation I have found it was the BBC Weather App causing the problem.

I uninstalled BBC Weather and rebooted, all fine for a few days.

Reinstalled BBC Weather and started app, immediately WakeLock Detector app shows Android System NlpWakeLock's increasing very fast, I hit refresh and can see the counts going up and an extra second of awake time is added every 5 seconds or so.

Uninstalled app and same problem still there. Rebooted and problem has gone. I then reinstalled app and opened it and same thing.

I can reproduce every single time.

To fix the wakelocks I must uninstall app and reboot (MUST reboot).

I have reported this to the BBC Weather app devs.

Hopefully this is of some help to others, it could also well be that other apps cause 4.4.2 nlpwakelock issues issues whereas on 4.3 the app was fine. Whether its an app issue or 4.4.2 issue I dont know.
The Following User Says Thank You to scott_doyland For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eemgee
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I switched g'now and location on and installed battery guru . After a few days of the battery drain it's stopped, I'm now getting the same drain with location on as I was with it off.
I'm going to give it a few more days then switch battery guru off to see if it's that helping or the updated google play services.

rogeriorp
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I am still in pursue of a permanent fix to the fast drainage from 100% charge to around ~96% on Kitkat. Nobody else has the issue or tips?

eemgee
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I was at 100% at 7.30am wifi on all the time connected 3g, location on high accuracy....but minimal use, only 3 or 4 Facebook messages.. and was still on 96% by noon. seems ok to me.