Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 51,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook HD+ CM 10.1.3 can't unlock

Tip us?
 
blackfox003
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default Nook HD+ CM 10.1.3 can't unlock

I have a nook hd+ running CM 10.1.3 stable and I am having issues with the unlock screen. I enter my pin and the screen goes black. i press the home button again and its still locked. enter pin and it goes black again. keeps doing this. If I shutdown or reboot, it lets me unlock.

Sometimes it even crashes the nook itself and reboots after I enter my pin.


Anyone else have this issue?
 
leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 17th February 2014 at 07:23 PM.)
#2  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,626
Posts: 8,294
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfox003 View Post
I have a nook hd+ running CM 10.1.3 stable and I am having issues with the unlock screen. I enter my pin and the screen goes black. i press the home button again and its still locked. enter pin and it goes black again. keeps doing this. If I shutdown or reboot, it lets me unlock.

Sometimes it even crashes the nook itself and reboots after I enter my pin.


Anyone else have this issue?
Do you by chance have a cover with a magnet in it to turn off and on the screen? If you do, the solution is to open the cover twice before entering your pin. It is a known bug.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
blackfox003
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Do you by chance have a cover with a magnet in it to turn off and on the screen? If you do, the solution is to open the cover twice before entering your pin. It is a known bug.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Yes I do. Thanks for the info! Has that been fixed in 10.2.1?
 
leapinlar
Old
#4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,626
Posts: 8,294
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfox003 View Post
Yes I do. Thanks for the info! Has that been fixed in 10.2.1?
No.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
johnqevil
Old
#5  
johnqevil's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 52
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wasilla, AK
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
No.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Know of any way to disable the magnetic sensor?
Nook HD+, CarbonROM
 
leapinlar
Old
#6  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,626
Posts: 8,294
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqevil View Post
Know of any way to disable the magnetic sensor?
Use an exacto knife and remove the magnet from the case.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more