Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,531 Members 51,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Droid Incredible 4G LTE Need Root Help

Tip us?

redwards8109
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Droid Incredible 4G LTE Need Root Help

Hello fellow developers,
I am in need of some assistance. I need to root a lot of devices (Incredible 4G LTE Verizon) for my business. I have gone through all of the posts and threads and I am still unable to root this device. I get to the point where I need to go to the HTC dev website but as we all know they no longer support this device. Has anyone succefully rooted there device and if so are they willing to share how they did this. Please help

junkmail9
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwards8109 View Post
Hello fellow developers,
I am in need of some assistance. I need to root a lot of devices (Incredible 4G LTE Verizon) for my business. I have gone through all of the posts and threads and I am still unable to root this device. I get to the point where I need to go to the HTC dev website but as we all know they no longer support this device. Has anyone succefully rooted there device and if so are they willing to share how they did this. Please help
The answer lies entirely on which build version is in the phone. The only known rootable version is 2.17.605.2 (a.k.a the "First OTA").

If your phone(s) have this build, do NOT allow the latest OTA to install. Root them immediately. Several methods are available, just refer to the resource index for your desired method. I highly recommend s-off, regardless of which method you choose.

If you have the prior build version, 1.43.605.3, then MANUALLY install the 2.17.605.2. RUU, Root immediately thereafter. Make sure you kill the ability for the OTA to be checked/installed.

If you have the latest version, 2.19.605.2, it is unknown at this time how to root...