Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

About to sell phone, am I safe?

Tip us?

UnexplainedBacon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default About to sell phone, am I safe?

Hey everyone,

I picked up a Note 3 today and I'm trying to prep the Note 2 for Swappa. I reformatted the SD card and did a factory reset in TWRP. It appears all my apps and data are gone, but are they REALLY gone? Am I safe to go ahead and sell the Note 2, rooted with TWRP/Beans 23 installed, so long as it appears all my apps and data are removed? I may sound paranoid, but I know how easy it is to recover data on hard drives, even when supposedly deleted. If there's anything else I need to do before selling it, please help a fella out and let me know!

Thanks

Domush
Old
Thanks Meter 123
If you want to be secure, don't include the sd card
--
Did I help you out? Click the THANKS button - It's free, instant, and encourages me to continue helping here.

MunkinDrunky
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexplainedBacon View Post
Hey everyone,

I picked up a Note 3 today and I'm trying to prep the Note 2 for Swappa. I reformatted the SD card and did a factory reset in TWRP. It appears all my apps and data are gone, but are they REALLY gone? Am I safe to go ahead and sell the Note 2, rooted with TWRP/Beans 23 installed, so long as it appears all my apps and data are removed? I may sound paranoid, but I know how easy it is to recover data on hard drives, even when supposedly deleted. If there's anything else I need to do before selling it, please help a fella out and let me know!

Thanks

That would be good. But if I were paranoid (sometimes I am) I would fill with junk data on your phones internal. Maybe flash roms make twrp backups or whatever then wipe and reformat. This would go for any sd memory. From what i know. You can always research how this storage medium works.
Current XDA level: Make searches all by myself; not great at original knowledge.

SCH-I605 (Verizon Note II)
Current Rom: SR Remix KitKat
Kernel: AGNi pureSTOCK v4.2.4
SM-P600 (Note 10.1 2014)
Current Rom: ★★xKat v3.0★★
Kernel: