Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 40,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help...Soft bricked?

Tip us?

ColeTrain!
Old
Thanks Meter 249
If you have read my thread i just made, i would go through and try it a gain. It worked for me when i was in your shoes and has worked for many others.
Download the rom again or check the md5 to make sure it's good.

If you go through all that again, and it still doesn't work. Jlmancuso is the expert. Reply to him and specify what you did,. This thread i made, is about all the knowledge i have. Lol sorry. But like i said it should work.

Ron36
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeTrain! View Post
If you have read my thread i just made, i would go through and try it a gain. It worked for me when i was in your shoes and has worked for many others.
Download the rom again or check the md5 to make sure it's good.

If you go through all that again, and it still doesn't work. Jlmancuso is the expert. Reply to him and specify what you did,. This thread i made, is about all the knowledge i have. Lol sorry. But like i said it should work.
I have completed the process you posted many times and I still have remnants of previous roms.

My plan is now I have used Billard412 back to stock and I added the root to see if this fixes my remaining issues. sadly they persist. I was then fed up and let it upgrade so that I could just warranty it out. All went fine except it has left SUPERSU on my device as a system file and I cannot delete it now. I assumed it would remove it with the official firmware upgrade.

Do I need to reroot to remove it or is there another way?

elwood
Old
Thanks Meter 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron36 View Post
I have completed the process you posted many times and I still have remnants of previous roms.

My plan is now I have used Billard412 back to stock and I added the root to see if this fixes my remaining issues. sadly they persist. I was then fed up and let it upgrade so that I could just warranty it out. All went fine except it has left SUPERSU on my device as a system file and I cannot delete it now. I assumed it would remove it with the official firmware upgrade.

Do I need to reroot to remove it or is there another way?
There should be an option in supersu to remove root

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Ron36
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elw00d View Post
There should be an option in supersu to remove root

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply, but I think you have misread my post.

what I ended up doing is...
Root 4.3 then flashed billards again w/o root this time, but for whatever reason all my issues are now fixed and no need to warranty it out. So I then need root back.
I am now rooted on billard with all issues fixed.

Flashvetrin
Old
Thanks Meter 540

DONATE TO ME
FYI there's a website galaxy note 2 root.com guys name is zedomax he has flashable stock ROMs to use in Odin if devices are soft bricked or even in some cases bricked. If you can get your phone into download mode the tar files are there for the devise. He actually has stock ROMs for many devices and root methods etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Part of the solution.....