XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Network Data Hosed

Tip us?

GreatSudoku
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default Network Data Hosed

I've gotten my phone into a state where I see signal bars, I can make calls and send texts, but no LTE or H+ is displayed and if I try do anything involving the internet it says there's no network connection. Wifi works just fine.

Here's how I got into the predicament. I should have learned my lesson from last time I flashed a Verizon ROM, but I didn't, and I flashed SkyNote RC9Z-3.9.1. Data works just fine in THAT ROM, but any subsequent ROM flashed after that... the network data is completely HOSED. I've tried enabling and disabling network data in settings. I've tried flashing the Devil kernel. I've tried restoring several different ROMS from nandroid backups. All restore fine and all have completely non-working network data. Last time I ran into this I had to flash the stock image in Odin to fiz the issue. This time however, that didn't work. The images flashed successfully, but upon reboot all I got was a a welcome screen bootloop of the samsung swirly logo and the T-Mobile logo.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the 4.3 bootloader? I'm downloading T889UVUCMK7_T889TMBCMK7_TMB.zip from SamMobile site and boy is it taking FOREVER! 7 hours left on the download. My thinking thoug is that If I unzip this new 4.3 firmware and flash it with Odin (or Kies if I absolutle have to) my device will start behaving again, and Network data will work, and I can go about ROM flashing and hopping again (though I'm gonna stay away from those Verizon ROMs let met tell you!).

Does anyone else have any other suggestions on what I can do to get my data back or to patch my bootloader to the 4.3 version? I was looking at this thread and wondering if it's safe to follow this procedure for patching once I have installed the 4.3 stock image:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500823

Any help is appreciated.
Samsung Galaxy Note II ~ PhilZ Recovery ~ CM Remix Rom 04/02/2014 build ~ XPosed Framework 2.4.1 ~ Boeffla Sound ~ Apex Launcher

IAmSixNine
Old
Thanks Meter 88
ddi you check your APN settings?
DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox

Twitter @AndroidTechGuy
Google+
Android Users

fermy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Probably your apn like iamsixnine said

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk