Originally Posted by needo2
Using on CM11, should work for any android build above 4.#.#
If you are having trouble mounting folders like I did like SuperMount, FolderMount didn't work for me
Even if they work, they require payment for most important features
- Get BusyBox (Most custom ROMs already have it, like CM)
I used busybox mount because regular mount didn't work
- Get the SManager app
- Move the contents of obb folder to somewhere in external SD, (Or you can move the entire obb folder and create an empty obb folder in sdcard/Android)
- Create new script from SManager (or any other text editor and save it with .sh extension) and type the mount command in it
Lets say I moved the folders inside obb to storage/sdcard1/obbfolders, then command is:
busybox mount -o bind /storage/sdcard1/obbfolders/ storage/sdcard0/Android/obb
- Save the file (in SManager you press back after typing and it asks if you want to save)
- Click on the file you created and check the Su and Boot boxes and Save
Script should be good to go, click Run
I use FX File Explorer to verify it (obbfolders should be shown on the main page)
Reason I created this thread, I searched this for a quite good amount of time and couldn't find anything
All "mount folder android", "mount bind android" searches either come up dead or show me an app that doesn't work for me
Trying to follow your guide....can't get it to work ?
1: Moved the entire OBB folder to my SD
2: Installed busybox, started it, software says it is installed, there's a button to install again....don't know what else it does ? If I click install, well, it installs again
3: Created the new script, saved it, ran it. It seems OK
4: When I open FX File explorer, I don't know what I'm looking for, I don't see anything going on, no operations running ?
...I didn't want to delete the original OBB directory since I don't have confirmation of this working ?
Thanks for your help