Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,273 Members 44,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

what windows program can i use to browse phone files?

Tip us?
 
1dtms
Old
#1  
1dtms's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 130
Join Date: May 2011
Default what windows program can i use to browse phone files?

I need to extract some files from the phone itself (data for certain apps) but my screen is completely busted and I can only turn the phone on and connect via USB. Any windows program I can use to extract information ? My phone was/is rooted

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
 
Mandeep148
Old
(Last edited by Mandeep148; 18th February 2014 at 03:41 AM.)
#2  
Mandeep148's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 234
Posts: 1,114
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ludhiana
You must always next time post on question section.

Ok back to topic.Do you mean sd memory files. ?
Then better to connect with pc to take all backuo of phone. This is the better way if your screen is blushed.
If you still have problem then better to contact service guys. Then can help you.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
 
1dtms
Old
#3  
1dtms's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 130
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep148 View Post
You must always next time post on question section.

Ok back to topic.Do you mean sd memory files. ?
Then better to connect with pc to take all backuo of phone. This is the better way if your screen is blushed.
If you still have problem then better to contact service guys. Then can help you.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
Alright sorry, noted for next time.

No I mean getting to the phone system files itself so I can backup some app data

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
 
Mandeep148
Old
#4  
Mandeep148's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 234
Posts: 1,114
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ludhiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dtms View Post
Alright sorry, noted for next time.

No I mean getting to the phone system files itself so I can backup some app data
Try to use hdmi on big TV with mouse. And install root explorer.
Then you will be able to see all things which you can't see in your broken screen.
Try.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
 
1dtms
Old
#5  
1dtms's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 130
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep148 View Post
Try to use hdmi on big TV with mouse. And install root explorer.
Then you will be able to see all things which you can't see in your broken screen.
Try.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
im not sure i follow because the GS4 doesnt have a HDMI hookup

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
 
Mandeep148
Old
#6  
Mandeep148's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 234
Posts: 1,114
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ludhiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dtms View Post
im not sure i follow because the GS4 doesnt have a HDMI hookup
There are hdmi converter. Sgs4 is big smart phone.its not like it can't support

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Discover and Sample the Latest Billboard Music Hits with Billy

Music is a passion that transcends age, gender, race, culture, and geographic … more

Speed Up Jenkins Configuration Process with TSJ

When you are theleader of a largedevelopment project, Gerrit isn’t the only tool that … more

AutoData Regulates Your Connectivity to Save Battery Life

It’s absolutely no secret that battery life is somewhat of anundoingformany … more

Tale of the Great Recoveries

About a week ago, our fantastic writer and my esteemed colleague Tom embarked on a mission to learnthe vast and … more