5,606,722 Members 37,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 SanDisk 64gb SDcard owners BEWARE!

Tip us?

graydiggy
Old
(Last edited by graydiggy; 18th February 2014 at 04:37 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1991

DONATE TO ME
You know... With every Samsung phone I have owned (Captivate, Skyrocket, Epic 4G Touch, AT&T S4, and now the AT&T Note 3) I have always had SanDisk memory cards. I have also always seen this post in ever forum saying it's the phones fault.

I am here to tell you that it's not. SanDisk is notorious for shipping bad cards. I currently have the class 10 SanDisk Ultra 64 GB SD that has been through 3 Samsung phones and an HTC phone. I have never had issues with it. I have had many other SanDisk ultra cards. Broken or lost by my own fault and 3 of the 9 that I have had were DOA.

It is becoming very tiring seeing this exact same post in every forum related to Samsung phones. I can bet money that if you send the card back to SanDisk (they have a lifetime warranty) you will likely not have any issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...

IronMikeCez
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wow

Never would have guessed this fix. Was driving me crazy! Thank you!

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 454
Seems you can't flash roms or restore from the card either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93 <--- Right on the money

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

Jsouthernindiana
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks for the cleaning with alcohol advice. I have a 32 gig class 10 in my underwear drawer that can't be recognized by anything. Happened in my galaxy s 3. It has tons of movies and valuable info on it. I am heading home to give it a shot. If it work I will dance at your wedding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I recently got a note 3 and updated to kit kat and it took a long while before I could figure out why I couldn't write to my ext SD. Titanium allowed me to restore but not back up. This really sucks what android is doing. First Samsung and at&t locked bootloaders so I go with the T-Mobile note 3 on at&t to be kicked again with the SD blocking. I applied the write to ext SD fix and its fine but what is next from these carriers and manufacturers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

iToolboxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have never had a problem with my sandisk 64gb microsd card. Everything seems to work like a charm

Gary02468
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by iToolboxx View Post
I have never had a problem with my sandisk 64gb microsd card. Everything seems to work like a charm
Same here, SanDisk 64GB Class 10 carried over from my previous phone with all files intact. I also use the phone's SD-encryption with no problems.

I agree though that it's important to back up anything you don't want to lose. That's true for any form of storage.