Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more
Post Reply

what windows program can i use to browse phone files?

OP 1dtms

18th February 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #1  
1dtms's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
I need to extract some files from the phone itself (data for certain apps) but my screen is completely busted and I can only turn the phone on and connect via USB. Any windows program I can use to extract information ? My phone was/is rooted
18th February 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #2  
Mandeep148's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 235
 
1,135 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
You must always next time post on question section.

Ok back to topic.Do you mean sd memory files. ?
Then better to connect with pc to take all backuo of phone. This is the better way if your screen is blushed.
If you still have problem then better to contact service guys. Then can help you.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by Mandeep148; 18th February 2014 at 03:41 AM.
18th February 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #3  
1dtms's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep148

You must always next time post on question section.

Ok back to topic.Do you mean sd memory files. ?
Then better to connect with pc to take all backuo of phone. This is the better way if your screen is blushed.
If you still have problem then better to contact service guys. Then can help you.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

Alright sorry, noted for next time.

No I mean getting to the phone system files itself so I can backup some app data
18th February 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #4  
Mandeep148's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 235
 
1,135 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dtms

Alright sorry, noted for next time.

No I mean getting to the phone system files itself so I can backup some app data

Try to use hdmi on big TV with mouse. And install root explorer.
Then you will be able to see all things which you can't see in your broken screen.
Try.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #5  
1dtms's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep148

Try to use hdmi on big TV with mouse. And install root explorer.
Then you will be able to see all things which you can't see in your broken screen.
Try.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

im not sure i follow because the GS4 doesnt have a HDMI hookup
20th February 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #6  
Mandeep148's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 235
 
1,135 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dtms

im not sure i follow because the GS4 doesnt have a HDMI hookup

There are hdmi converter. Sgs4 is big smart phone.its not like it can't support

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank