Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,422 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem flashig Beanstalk 4.4.205 [UNOFFICIAL][KITKAT]

Tip us?

miguelangelcg25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Problem flashig Beanstalk 4.4.205 [UNOFFICIAL][KITKAT]

Hey guys I need some help. I'm trying to flash BeanStalk 4.4.2

I flashed "Heimdall oneclick BML ROM/kernel" as instructions said, but when I'm trying to flash BeanStalk from CWM (v5.0.2.7) it says:

This package is for aries.galaxys4.gmtd.SGH-T959V,SHG-T959W devices: this is a herring
Installation aborted

What I'm doing wrong?

AgainstTheFlow
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelangelcg25 View Post

I flashed "Heimdall oneclick BML ROM/kernel" as instructions said, but when I'm trying to flash BeanStalk from CWM (v5.0.2.7) it says:

This package is for aries.galaxys4.gmtd.SGH-T959V,SHG-T959W devices: this is a herring
Installation aborted

What I'm doing wrong?
Re download the ROM again. You might have gotten a bad download. If that does not correct it. I would suggest flashing all the way back to stoc Gingerbread, then flashing it again.

daothanhduy1996
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2704

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelangelcg25 View Post

Installation aborted

What I'm doing wrong?
Seems like u have a T959W but as I remember the updatescript should have included the T959W @ assert lines. But maybe I am wrong. Open the zip and browse to meta or so folder and find a file name updater-script then open it with Notepad++. Please use notepad++, not Windows' notepad. Then look at the first line (assert tons of things) and delete it then zip it back and flash again

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

If you find me deserve with all of my work, you can either press "thanks" or donate to help me with my finance for university next year. Thanks!

miguelangelcg25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I think there might be a problem with the Beanstalk build. I flashed Slimkat for the 1st time without any problems. Then, from TWRP I flashed Beanstalk as expected.

I checked the MD5 sum of the zip and it's ok. I have the SGH-T959V for sure.

404glitch
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daothanhduy1996 View Post
Seems like u have a T959W but as I remember the updatescript should have included the T959W @ assert lines. But maybe I am wrong. Open the zip and browse to meta or so folder and find a file name updater-script then open it with Notepad++. Please use notepad++, not Windows' notepad. Then look at the first line (assert tons of things) and delete it then zip it back and flash again

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
I tried this, and it doesn't work. The installation just aborts with no indication as to why. Was there anything specific I was supposed to delete, or just everything in the first five lines of updater-script?
Device: Samsung Galaxy S 4G @1.2GHz
ROM: KitKat Beanstalk 4.4.225
Modem: KJ6
Launcher: Nova Launcher
Recovery: TWRP

404glitch
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Okay, I figured out the problem in case anyone else runs into it and needs help.

CWM will always not register the phone as the one you want, but TWRP does. So if you use another ROM that installs TWRP first (like say, SlimKat), you can then install Beanstalk from TWRP.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S 4G @1.2GHz
ROM: KitKat Beanstalk 4.4.225
Modem: KJ6
Launcher: Nova Launcher
Recovery: TWRP

inimeg81
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME
Flash bhundvens blastoff 2.5 kernel or antonxs then flash kk reboot recovery flash again

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2