I need HELP, HTC One (M7wls) Sprint

Search This thread
Aug 6, 2013
Okay, first thing first. (INFO ON PHONE) I have a HTC One (M7wls) Sprint 36GB phone. Phone is ROOTED.
bootloader:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.05.651.6
eMMC boot 2048MB

What can I access:
Fastboot
ADB Sideload
Recovery - I am using custom recovery - openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wls

Now the problem is:
When I install a ROM. Every ROM that I use didn't fully complete installing. When it boot up, can't access home screen, like i can't even do nothing, If I'm not making any sense what I'm trying, basically I don't have no OS-install. And when I install a ROM and do the ADB sideload and install em I just can't get to the home screen , farthest I can go is the lockscreen, but then that don't even act right, as in either it don't want to slide up (by the way my screen work and digitizer) or its blank/black and I can even slide it up, or as i should say froze for about few sec, AND when i can slide up the lockscreen it goes to the white HTC logo screen and stays there about 45-60sec and Reboot over and over, until i go into either recovery or bootloader and power it down.
ROMs that I've downloaded and install but don't completely works:
- Android_Revolution_HD-One_51.0
- One_4.19.401.8_odexed
- Sprint_HTC_One_1.29.651.10_Stock_Odexed_05.17.13
- Sprint_HTC_One_Stock_Rooted_Odexed_3.05.651.6
- viperROM_One_v1.0.4

What I'm saying is that, for example of What I do to install:
-Boot in Recovery
-Format Data (so i can mount data)
-Erase cache
-Reboot recovery (so the updating partition data can refresh)
-Access ADB Sideload
-Install a ROM (once complete) i reboot the phone
-After all the boot up LOGOs, WHEN I get to the lockscreen it either , 1. don't want to slide up, 2. when do slide up goes to white HTC logo screen get stays about 60sec, then Reboot itself , and 3. Just done want to boot up

Also have Tried RUUs: and Yes I unzip to run the Ruu.exe
- Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_3_04_651_2_RUU.zip
- Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU.zip

Also and Yes I re-lock my bootloader to run the RUU , still doesn't happen
I'm not sure which one have this problem, but one of em, Do go through the process and once I get to the part to update Image (I realized my phone image is newer than the RUU image) so i proceed anyways, then it comes to a screen where it say ERROR find the latest Update for RUU. THE second one of em , once i run the program and pop-up screen comes where you accept the terms & conditions, once I do accept it; It closes OUT by itself.

I'VE DONE THE BEST I CAN DO , and I'm very frustrated right now. I've look and look and research, But nothing solve my problem, and I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS LONG ARTICLE/QUESTION. But I'm asking for anyone help who can help me get back this phone back on its feet and I will very appreciate for your help !

P.S. I can't get S-OFF , I want to use my AT&T sim card in it.

Last edited:

Puff1911

May 12, 2008
Okay, first thing first. (INFO ON PHONE) I have a HTC One (M7wls) Sprint 36GB phone. Phone is ROOTED.
bootloader:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.05.651.6
eMMC boot 2048MB

What can I access:
Fastboot
ADB Sideload

Now the problem is:
When I install a ROM. Every ROM that I use didn't fully complete installing. When it boot up, can't access home screen, like i can't even do nothing, If I'm not making any sense what I'm trying, basically I don't have no OS-install. And when I install a ROM and do the ADB sideload and install em I just can't get to the home screen , farthest I can go is the lockscreen, but then that don't even act right, as in either it don't want to slide up (by the way my screen work and digitizer) or its blank/black and I can even slide it up, or as i should say froze for about few sec, AND when i can slide up the lockscreen it goes to the white HTC logo screen and stays there about 45-60sec and Reboot over and over, until i go into either recovery or bootloader and power it down.
- One_4.19.401.8_odexed
- viperROM_One_v1.0.4

-Boot in Recovery
-Erase cache
-Access ADB Sideload
-After all the boot up LOGOs, WHEN I get to the lockscreen it either , 1. don't want to slide up, 2. when do slide up goes to white HTC logo screen get stays about 60sec, then Reboot itself , and 3. Just done want to boot up

I'm not sure which one have this problem, but one of em, Do go through the process and once I get to the part to update Image (I realized my phone image is newer than the RUU image) so i proceed anyways, then it comes to a screen where it say ERROR find the latest Update for RUU. THE second one of em , once i run the program and pop-up screen comes where you accept the terms & conditions, once I do accept it; It closes OUT by itself.

I'VE DONE THE BEST I CAN DO , and I'm very frustrated right now. I've look and look and research, But nothing solve my problem, and I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS LONG ARTICLE/QUESTION. But I'm asking for anyone help who can help me get back this phone back on its feet and I will very appreciate for your help !

I had a similar problem. Turned out to be a firmware issue.

Boot into fastboot and connect to your computer.

run "fastboot getvar all"

See what firmware you are running.

Pull the firmware from post #3 on Bad Boyz thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2635051

and run.. the flash is there twice, make sure and do it twice.. it's not a typo.

Fastboot oem rebootRUU
Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
Fastboot reboot-bootloader

If you still have trouble, try flashing an older firmware from here..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2503646

In my situation, I flashed to 3.05.651.6 and it would boot, but once I connected to the PC and tried to access the storage on the phone, it would reboot the phone.
Flashing to 4.06.651.4 fixed everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: ilovetechnology123
Aug 6, 2013

and run.. the flash is there twice, make sure and do it twice.. it's not a typo.

Fastboot oem rebootRUU

In my situation, I flashed to 3.05.651.6 and it would boot, but once I connected to the PC and tried to access the storage on the phone, it would reboot the phone.

Do I need a RUU

Aug 6, 2013

Fastboot oem rebootRUU

When doing the fastboot commands, it gives me error twice when doing the firmware and YES I renamed it to "firmware.zip"
gives me error message saying "cannot open" and also re-type in command again , same error

Puff1911

May 12, 2008
hmm.. let me try to duplicate my error later today on one of my test phones and i'll get back to you.

What ROM are you trying to install?

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
When doing the fastboot commands, it gives me error twice when doing the firmware and YES I renamed it to "firmware.zip"
gives me error message saying "cannot open" and also re-type in command again , same error
Make sure it's firmware.zip and not firmware.zip.zip
Window hides extentions as least on my machine it does.
So rename it just firmware and see if that helps

Reactions: ilovetechnology123
Aug 6, 2013

That was my mistake, but rename it to "firmware" . now its working. Phone is back up on its feet. lol.

Just want to say thank you for your support and help. Phone is flawless, Thanks you so much again.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY !

Reactions: Sloth

stitch24

Jun 23, 2012
I did the same thing by accident. Flashed the old firmware instead of the new by accident and then kept trying to update with the same problems. Since only the first and last digits of the firmware are different and I had them in the same folder I just grabbed the wrong one. All was fixed as with you when I corrected my firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bootloader:

*** TAMPERED ***
    *** UNLOCKED ***
    M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT-1.55.0000
    OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
    OS-3.05.651.6
    eMMC boot 2048MB

What can I access:
    Fastboot
    ADB Sideload

Now the problem is:
    - One_4.19.401.8_odexed
    - viperROM_One_v1.0.4

-Boot in Recovery
    -Erase cache
    -Access ADB Sideload

Fastboot oem rebootRUU

Look HERE for the 3.05.651.6 RUU or you can go thru the steps to fix your phone.
    From now on stay in the Sprint section to find roms :D

That was my mistake, but rename it to "firmware" . now its working. Phone is back up on its feet. lol.

Just want to say thank you for your support and help. Phone is flawless, Thanks you so much again.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY !