[Q] Are all N900T LTE capable?

OP jvloyola

17th February 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
More
I would like to know if all the N900T are LTE enabled or if there is a 3G only model and a LTE model, and if there is how to differentiate them.

I'm looking to buy a N900T in ebay but only a couple listing actually mention LTE capabilities, while a lot of the listings mention 3G capabilities, so I'm a bit confused here.

I can't find any info on different versions of the N900T, and all the info I've found points to all N900T being one model with LTE capabilities. is this correct?

thanks

Vinny
17th February 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #2  
Flag Worcester
Thanks Meter: 18

100 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvloyola

I would like to know if all the N900T are LTE enabled or if there is a 3G only model and a LTE model, and if there is how to differentiate them.

I'm looking to buy a N900T in ebay but only a couple listing actually mention LTE capabilities, while a lot of the listings mention 3G capabilities, so I'm a bit confused here.

I can't find any info on different versions of the N900T, and all the info I've found points to all N900T being one model with LTE capabilities. is this correct?

thanks

Vinny

the N900T is the Tmobile Variant, but yes all Note 3's are LTE Capable
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterSe7en For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Guadalajara

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSe7en

Yes I'm aware that the N900T is the t-mo version, and that is the one I am interested in as I'm looking for bands 4 & 7 for use in Mexico with Movistar (B7); and Telcel (B4).

So if I read your response correctly ALL note 3 have support for LTE, Bands depending on specific model?

thanks

Vinny
The Following User Says Thank You to jvloyola For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #4  
Flag Worcester

100 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes I'm aware that the N900T is the t-mo version, and that is the one I am interested in as I'm looking for bands 4 & 7 for use in Mexico with Movistar (B7); and Telcel (B4).

So if I read your response correctly ALL note 3 have support for LTE, Bands depending on specific model?

thanks

Vinny

Yessir, all LTE Capable
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterSe7en For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #5  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks

Vinny

For Telcel - you would be better getting the N900w8 Canadian/Mexican version -- This version also has the ability to root without tripping KNOX and upgrade/downgrade to/from 4.4.2/4.3 - Which is nice -- Check out @polish_pat's guide over on the international Note 3 forum if you decide to opt for this model

EDIT: Side note, not ALL note's support LTE - N900 Exynos do not support LTE as they have a different CPU.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Guadalajara

29 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

For Telcel - you would be better getting the N900w8 Canadian/Mexican version -- This version also has the ability to root without tripping KNOX and upgrade/downgrade to/from 4.4.2/4.3 - Which is nice -- Check out @polish_pat's guide over on the international Note 3 forum if you decide to opt for this model

EDIT: Side note, not ALL note's support LTE - N900 Exynos do not support LTE as they have a different CPU.

Thanks for the suggestion, but besides the point that N900W are much harder to find, my main carrier is Movistar, Telcel is my "backup" mainly for my mifi liberate hotspot. I also travel frequently to the usa so I have a prepaid T Mobile SIM I also use, so for my scenario I think the N900T is the best option.

thanks

Vinny
17th February 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 96

590 posts
Quote:

thanks

Vinny

This might help:
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_3-5665.php
The Following User Says Thank You to Muffycheeks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #8  
Flag Worcester

100 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

OooOo i didnt know that, thats news to me thx for the info, i wonder why they would make a new technology phone without LTE?
18th February 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #9  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

OooOo i didnt know that, thats news to me thx for the info, i wonder why they would make a new technology phone without LTE?

Some countries don't use it I guess - Samsung introduced the Exynos on the S4 I think, and done a Qualcomm model also which we know as Snapdragon 800 with LTE
18th February 2014, 07:46 AM   |  #10  
Flag Unfortunately, Mexico
Thanks Meter: 95

620 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but besides the point that N900W are much harder to find, my main carrier is Movistar, Telcel is my "backup" mainly for my mifi liberate hotspot. I also travel frequently to the usa so I have a prepaid T Mobile SIM I also use, so for my scenario I think the N900T is the best option.

thanks

Vinny

I use my T-Mo unlocked Note 3 in Mexico on both T-Mobile and Telcel with no issues. I get LTE speeds with Telcel. I wasn't aware Movistar had LTE yet, but I only use them if I need a throwaway phone, which given my lack of illegal activity is never.

edit - I'll post a video on Youtube later of my Note 3 on Telcel's LTE using speedtest.net

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lte, n900t
Previous Thread Next Thread