Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Does reinstalling stock firmware trip knox on Note 3?

OP Cootje_NL

18th February 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #11  
Flag Gods Own Country!!
Thanks Meter: 261

844 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical HRH

I'm on stock 4.3 and not having any issues at the moment - other than my Note 3 not picking up the 4G signal on 3 for some infuriating reason.

So can I flash a stock KK rom without rooting then? I'm probably being thick but thought you had to be rooted to flash any kind of ROM?

You have to be rooted to flash the custom roms provided here and that will mostly be thru recovery. It will surely trip knox. To flash stock roms from sammobile you don't need root. That can be done thru odin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th February 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #12  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 577

4,469 posts
I would suggest however, if you are network locked to unlock 1st... If you need to flash a separate modem afterwards this can trip Knox as you aren't really using a "Stock rom"...

Also make sure re-activation lock is OFF.... If you go to Kitkat and you don't have a KK rom yet you are stuck with a softbricked phone until you do get the KK rom... You can't go back to JB after flashing KK rom due to a new bootloader...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kitkat, note 3, problems
Previous Thread Next Thread