Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[Q] Does reinstalling stock firmware trip knox on Note 3?

18th February 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #11  
Flag Gods Own Country!!
Thanks Meter: 261

837 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical HRH

I'm on stock 4.3 and not having any issues at the moment - other than my Note 3 not picking up the 4G signal on 3 for some infuriating reason.

So can I flash a stock KK rom without rooting then? I'm probably being thick but thought you had to be rooted to flash any kind of ROM?

You have to be rooted to flash the custom roms provided here and that will mostly be thru recovery. It will surely trip knox. To flash stock roms from sammobile you don't need root. That can be done thru odin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th February 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #12  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 577

4,462 posts
I would suggest however, if you are network locked to unlock 1st... If you need to flash a separate modem afterwards this can trip Knox as you aren't really using a "Stock rom"...

Also make sure re-activation lock is OFF.... If you go to Kitkat and you don't have a KK rom yet you are stuck with a softbricked phone until you do get the KK rom... You can't go back to JB after flashing KK rom due to a new bootloader...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kitkat, note 3, problems
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank