Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 51,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does reinstalling stock firmware trip knox on Note 3?

Tip us?

lrcquest
Old
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical HRH View Post
I'm on stock 4.3 and not having any issues at the moment - other than my Note 3 not picking up the 4G signal on 3 for some infuriating reason.

So can I flash a stock KK rom without rooting then? I'm probably being thick but thought you had to be rooted to flash any kind of ROM?
You have to be rooted to flash the custom roms provided here and that will mostly be thru recovery. It will surely trip knox. To flash stock roms from sammobile you don't need root. That can be done thru odin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 575
I would suggest however, if you are network locked to unlock 1st... If you need to flash a separate modem afterwards this can trip Knox as you aren't really using a "Stock rom"...

Also make sure re-activation lock is OFF.... If you go to Kitkat and you don't have a KK rom yet you are stuck with a softbricked phone until you do get the KK rom... You can't go back to JB after flashing KK rom due to a new bootloader...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...
Tags
kitkat, note 3, problems