[KERNEL] Macky Kernel For OMNI Roms

OP dashing_9508

7th February 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Lahore
Thanks Meter: 10

45 posts
The Original macky by kernel Kasper_H , doesn't work for me on OMNI 4.4 , the reason was some big mem lib files and Hw modules , so I extracted those Lib files from Macky_Omni rom again thanks to Kasper_H , and tried them with Macky kernel and they worked for me. So now ,
Recovery on OMNI rom Mounts Ext.Sd and mounts proper USB Storage mod ( both sd and ext.sd ) . Plus supports 720p video with 417 MB ram on OMNI.
Tested on 2/7/2014 Omni Build. If it still doesn't work for you then goto System>libs> and del " modules " folder and flash kernel again.
Battery life is too good and can be compared to stock roms. Try changing governor to ONDEMAND and schedulers to NOOP.
My first post in development section , I hope I don't break any rules
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mackay_kernel_0.609_twrp_CMC-sd-9508.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.77 MB, 278 views)
Last edited by dashing_9508; 7th February 2014 at 02:51 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dashing_9508 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 89

325 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashing_9508

The Original macky by kernel Kasper_H , doesn't work for me on OMNI 4.4 , the reason was some big mem lib files and Hw modules , so I extracted those Lib files from Macky_Omni rom again thanks to Kasper_H , and tried them with Macky kernel and they worked for me. So now ,
Recovery on OMNI rom Mounts Ext.Sd and mounts proper USB Storage mod ( both sd and ext.sd ) . Plus supports 720p video with 417 MB ram on OMNI.
Tested on 2/7/2014 Omni Build. If it still doesn't work for you then goto System>libs> and del " modules " folder and flash kernel again.
Battery life is too good and can be compared to stock roms. Try changing governor to ONDEMAND and schedulers to NOOP.

Many thanks bro

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I have made my Mackay Omni kernel too...

I take the 0.609 Mackay CM kernel and I change all files with the last files on Mackay Omni ROM and I delete the mackay directory and that's all folks !!!

It works
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mackay_Omnni_Greg.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.73 MB, 45 views)
Last edited by phil_greg2001; 7th February 2014 at 03:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phil_greg2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #3  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 49

155 posts
Quote:

Thanks,

Just, tested. On recovery mode work both, but in normal mode only internal sd.
Any sugestion.

thanks
7th February 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Lahore

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idroj

Thanks,

Just, tested. On recovery mode work both, but in normal mode only internal sd.
Any sugestion.

thanks

Mounting ext.sd in normal ( when booted up ) is coded into the framework. Omni rom is Aosp and , google devices don't support ext.sdcards , so It's not coded in the framework , Cyanogen Mod does it and we hope Omni does it too in the future
The Following User Says Thank You to dashing_9508 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #5  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 49

155 posts
Quote:

Mounting ext.sd in normal ( when booted up ) is coded into the framework. Omni rom is Aosp and , google devices don't support ext.sdcards , so It's not coded in the framework , Cyanogen Mod does it and we hope Omni does it too in the future

Thanks, I hope too
12th February 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 24

260 posts
More
How can i use this kernel with omni rom.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565658

Some one can please guide me..
12th February 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Lahore

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshad_kp

How can i use this kernel with omni rom.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565658

Some one can please guide me..

I think it's still in developing stage and only some patches and aries are available so you'd have to wait .
12th February 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 131

594 posts
Quote:

I think it's still in developing stage and only some patches and aries are available so you'd have to wait .

i try flash didhiy kernel latest on mackay omni...it works on me but for anyone....own risk

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
18th February 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 26

173 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayed78

i try flash didhiy kernel latest on mackay omni...it works on me but for anyone....own risk

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

I uploaded here an updated version of the Kernel (20140215), following phil_greg's instructions above.
It works at least on the latest nightly (20140217).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SolGarlic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread