5,594,518 Members 32,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] Macky Kernel For OMNI Roms

Tip us?
 
dashing_9508
Old
(Last edited by dashing_9508; 7th February 2014 at 02:51 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 29
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default [KERNEL] Macky Kernel For OMNI Roms

The Original macky by kernel Kasper_H , doesn't work for me on OMNI 4.4 , the reason was some big mem lib files and Hw modules , so I extracted those Lib files from Macky_Omni rom again thanks to Kasper_H , and tried them with Macky kernel and they worked for me. So now ,
Recovery on OMNI rom Mounts Ext.Sd and mounts proper USB Storage mod ( both sd and ext.sd ) . Plus supports 720p video with 417 MB ram on OMNI.
Tested on 2/7/2014 Omni Build. If it still doesn't work for you then goto System>libs> and del " modules " folder and flash kernel again.
Battery life is too good and can be compared to stock roms. Try changing governor to ONDEMAND and schedulers to NOOP.
My first post in development section , I hope I don't break any rules
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mackay_kernel_0.609_twrp_CMC-sd-9508.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.77 MB, 156 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dashing_9508 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
phil_greg2001
Old
(Last edited by phil_greg2001; 7th February 2014 at 03:52 PM.)
#2  
phil_greg2001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 261
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashing_9508 View Post
The Original macky by kernel Kasper_H , doesn't work for me on OMNI 4.4 , the reason was some big mem lib files and Hw modules , so I extracted those Lib files from Macky_Omni rom again thanks to Kasper_H , and tried them with Macky kernel and they worked for me. So now ,
Recovery on OMNI rom Mounts Ext.Sd and mounts proper USB Storage mod ( both sd and ext.sd ) . Plus supports 720p video with 417 MB ram on OMNI.
Tested on 2/7/2014 Omni Build. If it still doesn't work for you then goto System>libs> and del " modules " folder and flash kernel again.
Battery life is too good and can be compared to stock roms. Try changing governor to ONDEMAND and schedulers to NOOP.
My first post in development section , I hope I don't break any rules
Many thanks bro

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I have made my Mackay Omni kernel too...

I take the 0.609 Mackay CM kernel and I change all files with the last files on Mackay Omni ROM and I delete the mackay directory and that's all folks !!!



It works
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mackay_Omnni_Greg.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.73 MB, 42 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to phil_greg2001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
idroj
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 117
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashing_9508 View Post
The Original macky by kernel Kasper_H , doesn't work for me on OMNI 4.4 , the reason was some big mem lib files and Hw modules , so I extracted those Lib files from Macky_Omni rom again thanks to Kasper_H , and tried them with Macky kernel and they worked for me. So now ,
Recovery on OMNI rom Mounts Ext.Sd and mounts proper USB Storage mod ( both sd and ext.sd ) . Plus supports 720p video with 417 MB ram on OMNI.
Tested on 2/7/2014 Omni Build. If it still doesn't work for you then goto System>libs> and del " modules " folder and flash kernel again.
Battery life is too good and can be compared to stock roms. Try changing governor to ONDEMAND and schedulers to NOOP.
My first post in development section , I hope I don't break any rules
Thanks,

Just, tested. On recovery mode work both, but in normal mode only internal sd.
Any sugestion.

thanks
 
dashing_9508
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 29
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by idroj View Post
Thanks,

Just, tested. On recovery mode work both, but in normal mode only internal sd.
Any sugestion.

thanks
Mounting ext.sd in normal ( when booted up ) is coded into the framework. Omni rom is Aosp and , google devices don't support ext.sdcards , so It's not coded in the framework , Cyanogen Mod does it and we hope Omni does it too in the future
The Following User Says Thank You to dashing_9508 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
idroj
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 117
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashing_9508 View Post
Mounting ext.sd in normal ( when booted up ) is coded into the framework. Omni rom is Aosp and , google devices don't support ext.sdcards , so It's not coded in the framework , Cyanogen Mod does it and we hope Omni does it too in the future
Thanks, I hope too
 
harshad_kp
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 242
Join Date: Sep 2008
How can i use this kernel with omni rom.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565658

Some one can please guide me..
 
dashing_9508
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 29
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshad_kp View Post
How can i use this kernel with omni rom.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565658

Some one can please guide me..
I think it's still in developing stage and only some patches and aries are available so you'd have to wait .
 
ayed78
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 273
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashing_9508 View Post
I think it's still in developing stage and only some patches and aries are available so you'd have to wait .
i try flash didhiy kernel latest on mackay omni...it works on me but for anyone....own risk

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
 
SolGarlic
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 138
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayed78 View Post
i try flash didhiy kernel latest on mackay omni...it works on me but for anyone....own risk

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
I uploaded here an updated version of the Kernel (20140215), following phil_greg's instructions above.
It works at least on the latest nightly (20140217).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SolGarlic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes