Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 41,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Jedi root live wallper not working

Tip us?

Derailme
Old
(Last edited by Derailme; 5th February 2014 at 09:03 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Jedi root live wallper not working

New to rooting but successfully got jedi up and running and everything runs flawless....except for live wallpapers. Every time I try to select one I get "unfortunately, live wallpaper picker has stopped". Any help is appreciated. Also running Next 3d launcher if that helps at all. Thanks again.

Eric214
Old
Thanks Meter 117
If you used Aroma you must select "Live Wallpaper picker" if it's an option, which it should be,
Current Phone

T-Mobile 32GB - Rooted Wicked v5 (TWRP 2.6.3.8)

Current Tablet
Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB 2014 Edition

Retired Phones
Galaxy S4 (VZW MDK) sold to pay for my Note 3
Droid Bionic - Traded for Note 3
Droid X - Now a WiFi phone.

tomasitoc
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derailme View Post
New to rooting but successfully got jedi up and running and everything runs flawless....except for live wallpapers. Every time I try to select one I get "unfortunately, live wallpaper picker has stopped". Any help is appreciated. Also running Next 3d launcher if that helps at all. Thanks again.

I had the same issue when I was using Jedi.

What launcher are you using?
you need to at TW launcher first and then select the live wallpaper that you like, then switch back to whatever launcher you were using.

Derailme
Old
(Last edited by Derailme; 7th February 2014 at 08:55 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasitoc View Post
I had the same issue when I was using Jedi.

What launcher are you using?
you need to at TW launcher first and then select the live wallpaper that you like, then switch back to whatever launcher you were using.
This does not work.......... I even did a fresh install of jedi..made sure live wallpaper was selected and i still get the same error......does anyone know a fix for this?????

EDIT::: FIXED ---- went into Jedi Rom Tricks app and selected advanced, wipe dalvik cache and rebooted and whamo it works now. Hope this helps anyone else with the issue.

EDIT 2:: SORTA fixed, in order to change to another live wallpaper i have to clear dalvik cache and reboot everytime.....lol.... i don't understand why this is...but...its a work around kinda.

devynbf
Old
Thanks Meter 283
I think the Jedi rom has the "elevated sound mod".

That mod is known to mess up the live wallpaper setting.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Derailme
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default elect fromasch

love this rom.....just this live wallpaper thing is driving me crazy. cant figure out the app not to install to get it to work. arghghgh

Michael in ATL
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Live Wallpaper Picker crashing for me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derailme View Post
This does not work.......... I even did a fresh install of jedi..made sure live wallpaper was selected and i still get the same error......does anyone know a fix for this?????

EDIT::: FIXED ---- went into Jedi Rom Tricks app and selected advanced, wipe dalvik cache and rebooted and whamo it works now. Hope this helps anyone else with the issue.

EDIT 2:: SORTA fixed, in order to change to another live wallpaper i have to clear dalvik cache and reboot everytime.....lol.... i don't understand why this is...but...its a work around kinda.

I can't even get it to work with your workaround. Definitely subscribing to this thread in case anyone knows a workaround. As one can see from my posts, I'm a n00b here. If using Jedi, can I switch to TW to make the change temporarily? If so, how, please?

Derailme
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in ATL View Post
I can't even get it to work with your workaround. Definitely subscribing to this thread in case anyone knows a workaround. As one can see from my posts, I'm a n00b here. If using Jedi, can I switch to TW to make the change temporarily? If so, how, please?
I gave up...went to the Temasek cm11 rom. I just couldnt stand that i couldnt get live wallpaper to work. other than that i loved it.