CM11??

Tip us?

shadow1179
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default CM11??

Hey

Just wondering if there is any hope of getting CM11 for this tablet? I recently flashed it to my mega i527M and love it would love to extend over to my tablet, I am open to doing any beta testing I wish I could help program but will help troubleshoot where I can or uncover bugs

Cheers
Shadow

CL0SeY
Old
(Last edited by CL0SeY; 25th December 2013 at 06:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1179 View Post
Hey

Just wondering if there is any hope of getting CM11 for this tablet? I recently flashed it to my mega i527M and love it would love to extend over to my tablet, I am open to doing any beta testing I wish I could help program but will help troubleshoot where I can or uncover bugs

Cheers
Shadow
Edit: this all relates to the i957 and P7320 variants, and not the P7300/P7310

The p5att device (i957) was removed from the msm8660 kernel when CM10.1 was created. I've been trying to get some simple things like the display working using some source from CM10 without much success :-\ So I'm thinking if there isn't the next version of JB working, KitKat is looking unlikely for the time being, unless we can get some more devs to help.

white-energy
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL0SeY View Post
Edit: this all relates to the i957 and P7320 variants, and not the P7300/P7310

The p5att device (i957) was removed from the msm8660 kernel when CM10.1 was created. I've been trying to get some simple things like the display working using some source from CM10 without much success :-\ So I'm thinking if there isn't the next version of JB working, KitKat is looking unlikely for the time being, unless we can get some more devs to help.
Why, isn't it possible to backport the old stuff ?

"If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?" ~Dogen

CL0SeY
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-energy View Post
Why, isn't it possible to backport the old stuff ?
Most of the issues seem to be around the display driver and the Qualcomm msm8660 implementation in jb4.2. that combined with nothing else which seems to use the same display panel means no graphics or even worse an MSM core dump. I'm not sure how to debug those either... I did manage to get log output from the kmesg but it didn't help me much, others may have better luck. Half the fun is getting it to compile in the first place...

Inl
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Well, we all hope that someone will make a port of CM11
AND SOON
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]