Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung keyboard on stock kitkat not working?

Tip us?

alisj99
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm checking around and they say that problem probably lies in the application S Pen Keep, there is no data on this one ... I guess as you said it's linked to the handwriting recognition. tried to do that using Snote transform into text as well and it immediately stopped working as well..

Colide
Old
Thanks Meter 2
For time being I'm using different keyboard and I like it better than stock one. I really don't want to wipe a phone. Takes so much time to install everything back.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

scarcett
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Did u guys intentionally or unintentionally uninstalled Samsung apps? From what I've understand, certain Samsung apps needs to be either freeze thru TB or disable it...

Colide
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Haven't touched it. I've upgraded to KitKat without updating a bootloader and it happened.

alisj99
Old
Thanks Meter 3
same here, got the OTA update, after that it simply stopped working.. I don't need the keyboard .. I need the action memo more

hypnodaz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Mine still isn't working, I'm on omega rom now so it doesn't affect me, but it still does it if I flash stock... Strange..

alisj99
Old
Thanks Meter 3
try to download another stock rom? maybe that will fix it.. if it did .. let us know... try to download the newest one that came up in Poland..

alisj99
Old
Thanks Meter 3
mine got fixed by formatting and wiping, re-download another stock rom I guess yours has some form of data missing ..
@Colide , just go back to factory settings , will resolve the issue, do it from the recovery of course.

Colide
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I kinda hate it to wipe data. Lot of apps to reinstall. Thanks for a tip. 👏