Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,200 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root for 14.2.A.1.136?

Tip us?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunlianghere View Post
i m just letting SpawnCube that there is a way to root it.
You did not, you put him in a wrong way.

Quote:
so tat thread will point out about the danger n risk of losing DRM key. got it?
You got it now?

Quote:
err...open your eyes BIG! or u don understand english? no offence
I see, my bad, but I understand how do stuff on Z1.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chunlianghere
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
You did not, you put him in a wrong way.

You got it now?

I see, my bad, but I understand how do stuff on Z1.
actually i dont care much about DRM key anyway. send for warranty only if hardware is spoilt. the most ask them do last warranty repair.

if DRM key n warranty is so much important, than sony would hav "Bootloader unlocked: NO" for all phone in the world

actually sony doesnt do the warranty n repair. it depends on the company in tat particular country. like example for doomlord, his one is only flap damage, but can get 1 to 1 exchange. tat shows tat how good the company is in tat country.

unlocking bootloader n rooting is pretty much standard.

technology n software is improving at a fast rate. the most i get a latest newer phone.

Sony Xperia Z1 | DooMKernel v08 / Advance Stock with Recovery v02 (681) Kernel | Stock De-Odex 14.3.A.0.681 KitKat 4.4 ROM

Sony Xperia V | vKernel-Xperia 1.2.5 Kernel | Smart Xperiaô ROM SX.05.1.A.2.425 (9.1.A.1.140)

Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray | xKernel v9.587-C | Android 4.1.B.0.587 Ice Cream Sandwich FlyLight

Nokia 2100 -> SE K300i -> SE W660i -> SE K770i -> SE G700 -> SE W995 -> SE Xperia Ray -> Sony Xperia V -> Sony Xperia Z1

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
actually i dont care much about DRM key anyway. send for warranty only if hardware is spoilt. the most ask them do last warranty repair.

if DRM key n warranty is so much important, than sony would hav "Bootloader unlocked: NO" for all phone in the world

actually sony doesnt do the warranty n repair. it depends on the company in tat particular country. like example for doomlord, his one is only flap damage, but can get 1 to 1 exchange. tat shows tat how good the company is in tat country.

unlocking bootloader n rooting is pretty much standard.

technology n software is improving at a fast rate. the most i get a latest newer phone.
Ok, here you are right but you have to understand that, what is not important you, it may be important for others, especially when we talking about Warranty.
We are here to give advice, then we should do this in the right way and inform users of any risk.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aeroclubber
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Ok, here you are right but you have to understand that, what is not important you, it may be important for others, especially when we talking about Warranty.
We are here to give advice, then we should do this in the right way and inform users of any risk.
hey eclyptos, hope you still around this thread.

i quite agree with you, since i am one of those who care about warranty.

I hope it's fine to make a question about rooting here 'coz i can't make post on there. anw, i've been trying to follow the steps on here, but i find some trouble.

My status is :
Device : Xperia Z1 C6903
Build number : 14.2.1.136

what I did was :
Installing Flashtool 9.13 on PC
Download C6903_14.2.A.0.290.flashable.zip and put it on my first page of SDcard on device
Download C6903_14.2.A.0.290.Stripped.tft inside flashtool/firmwares folder on PC
Install TWRP on my device (canít be used, root needed), canít create a backup *step 5 failed*

XZDualRecovery Question : Iíve download it, connect my device to PC then enable USB debugging mode. Execute the install.bat from XZDualRecovery and choose number 2. Does anything really happened? *step 6 failed?*

Then I install the flashmode and fastboot drivers from flashtool folders. Tried to flashmode C6903_14.2.A.0.290 Brand Generic NCB but it stopped halfway.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroclubber View Post
hey eclyptos, hope you still around this thread.

i quite agree with you, since i am one of those who care about warranty.

I hope it's fine to make a question about rooting here 'coz i can't make post on there. anw, i've been trying to follow the steps on here, but i find some trouble.

My status is :
Device : Xperia Z1 C6903
Build number : 14.2.1.136

what I did was :
Installing Flashtool 9.13 on PC
Download C6903_14.2.A.0.290.flashable.zip and put it on my first page of SDcard on device
Download C6903_14.2.A.0.290.Stripped.tft inside flashtool/firmwares folder on PC
Install TWRP on my device (canít be used, root needed), canít create a backup *step 5 failed*

XZDualRecovery Question : Iíve download it, connect my device to PC then enable USB debugging mode. Execute the install.bat from XZDualRecovery and choose number 2. Does anything really happened? *step 6 failed?*

Then I install the flashmode and fastboot drivers from flashtool folders. Tried to flashmode C6903_14.2.A.0.290 Brand Generic NCB but it stopped halfway.
The Video Tutorial on that thread explain very well what you should do, did you watched it?

You have to downgrade via Flashtool to .534 FW provided by NUT to not lose IMEI, Root the Firmware with Bin4ry, when you are rooted instal Dual Recovery, then follow the instruction to update directly to .136 from HERE.

All the files you find in .290 thread, Post #3, Watch the Video, then follow .136 thread.