Should You Get Wear? Wearer’s Practical Observations

Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in … more

SlimRoms: Updates on the Horizon

SlimRoms’ website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but … more

Your Favorite Wireless Charger?

Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature … more

ASUS US Invites Developers at XDA to Special Event

ASUS has built a solid name over the years for their computer components, but in the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

help with playstore please

12th February 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Hey guys im having a real big problem here cuz my sgy's playstore isnt working im on stock rom and theres an app called freedom which allows u to male free in app purchases.... it used to work on my custom rom with a hacked playstore (for which i deleted my old one) but googles new update killed that app and ever since then my playstores dead its just giving me the "no connection" error i deleted that hacked playstore and installed the real one and the problem stays...
can anyone here please help me ?
also can anyone tell me a good app which plays alot of video formats and works for sgy cuz i installed the arm v6 mx player and its nowhere to be seen on my phone so yes please any help would be GREATLY appreciated
12th February 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #2  
ImBJ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 175
 
256 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia404

Hey guys im having a real big problem here cuz my sgy's playstore isnt working im on stock rom and theres an app called freedom which allows u to male free in app purchases.... it used to work on my custom rom with a hacked playstore (for which i deleted my old one) but googles new update killed that app and ever since then my playstores dead its just giving me the "no connection" error i deleted that hacked playstore and installed the real one and the problem stays...
can anyone here please help me ?
also can anyone tell me a good app which plays alot of video formats and works for sgy cuz i installed the arm v6 mx player and its nowhere to be seen on my phone so yes please any help would be GREATLY appreciated

firstly i have not used freedom app so i cant say anything about it !! but u can flash gapps once and see if its works or not !! if that dont work then flash stock !!

and for video player MX player is the best !! and for mx player u have to download and install two files 1.mx player 2. MX Player Codec (ARMv6 for galaxy y)
i think u've installed the codec and thatswhy u can find it on ur phone !! i gave u the solution !! try it...
The Following User Says Thank You to ImBJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
woah ty ALOT dude i mean seriosly ur soloution worked great man.....both of em
but the problem im facing right now is that the vid im watching is lagging alot on my cell on mx player is there anyway i can speed it up ?
12th February 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #4  
marcussmith2626's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,819
 
5,346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia404

woah ty ALOT dude i mean seriosly ur soloution worked great man.....both of em
but the problem im facing right now is that the vid im watching is lagging alot on my cell on mx player is there anyway i can speed it up ?

if it is an mp4 encoded with the x264 codec then no - not in its current form as the galaxy y does not support hardware accelleration


you have two choice

1 - download videos in avi encoded with xvid
2 - use your pc to convert the video into avi encoded with xvid
13th February 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
besides that there is no way to speed it up what about ram consumption or cpu control ?
do I HAVE to switch it to avi and is there anyway i can do that on my phone ?
13th February 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #6  
marcussmith2626's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,819
 
5,346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia404

besides that there is no way to speed it up what about ram consumption or cpu control ?
do I HAVE to switch it to avi and is there anyway i can do that on my phone ?

no if it is encoded in mp4 x264 - the galaxy y is not powerful enough to play it as it has no hardware accelleration

there are apps that convert video but I wouldnt bother with them - it would take days on a galaxy y
converting on pc or downloading avi in the first place if possible is the only solution


cm7 does support hardware accelleration with mx player but as we dont have full working libs the chances are if you turn on hardware accelleration in mx player your video will not play at all
15th February 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #7  
jesmarrie's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
It's better to convert it on PC and transfer to your phone
15th February 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #8  
abhishekr700's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 300
 
845 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia404

Hey guys im having a real big problem here cuz my sgy's playstore isnt working im on stock rom and theres an app called freedom which allows u to male free in app purchases.... it used to work on my custom rom with a hacked playstore (for which i deleted my old one) but googles new update killed that app and ever since then my playstores dead its just giving me the "no connection" error i deleted that hacked playstore and installed the real one and the problem stays...
can anyone here please help me ?
also can anyone tell me a good app which plays alot of video formats and works for sgy cuz i installed the arm v6 mx player and its nowhere to be seen on my phone so yes please any help would be GREATLY appreciated

try clearing playstore data
16th February 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #9  
dimsar2013's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 36
 
305 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
About your problem with the Google Play Store:
Install Root Browser, navigate to system/etc/ and delete the hosts file. Then reboot your phone and your Play Store will be working.


Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th February 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #10  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 134
 
456 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Thumbs up Freedom sucks
Just uninstall the freedom app ...... and reinstall the old version of Playstore like 3.10

But i would really suggest u to stop using freedom

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes