[Q] TWRP defaults to wrong external sd path

OP tacomaguy20

17th February 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

48 posts
Ok first of all I'm using dandroids latest rom and I recently installed the latest version of TWRP because Clockworkmod would not work with exfat and I read that TWRP would. So when I tried to do a backup with TWRP to my 64gb microsd card, it detected my external sd card as /storage/emulated/0 when it should really be /storage/extsdcard. Because it detected the wrong path it made a backup on my internal drive. When I use TWRP's file manager, I can navigate to the external sd path just fine and see all my files on my micro sdcard. When I click on the internal sd card button within the file manager the path shows simply sdcard. When I click on the externalsd button it shows /storage/emulated/0. How can I point the external sd to /storage/extsdcard instead of /storage/emulated/0?

Any help would be appreciated.
17th February 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaguy20

Ok first of all I'm using dandroids latest rom and I recently installed the latest version of TWRP because Clockworkmod would not work with exfat and I read that TWRP would. So when I tried to do a backup with TWRP to my 64gb microsd card, it detected my external sd card as /storage/emulated/0 when it should really be /storage/extsdcard. Because it detected the wrong path it made a backup on my internal drive. When I use TWRP's file manager, I can navigate to the external sd path just fine and see all my files on my micro sdcard. When I click on the internal sd card button within the file manager the path shows simply sdcard. When I click on the externalsd button it shows /storage/emulated/0. How can I point the external sd to /storage/extsdcard instead of /storage/emulated/0?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ok so I guess when I boot into recovery, I can choose the external sd card but not straight from the app icon. Its weird, but it works. I just have to boot to recovery first.
17th February 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,249

6,904 posts
Donate to Me
More
What App are you referring to ?

Try Nandroid manager to mange your Backups.
17th February 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71

What App are you referring to ?

Try Nandroid manager to mange your Backups.

TWRP is what I was talking about. works great from recovery but not so much from within android. Maybe its just the Rom I'm running or something. I was more concerned with pointing recovery at my micro sd location where my nandroid backups are saved.
18th February 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #5  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,249

6,904 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can you Re-flash latest TWRP version for your Device ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread