Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 54,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP defaults to wrong external sd path

Tip us?

tacomaguy20
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] TWRP defaults to wrong external sd path

Ok first of all I'm using dandroids latest rom and I recently installed the latest version of TWRP because Clockworkmod would not work with exfat and I read that TWRP would. So when I tried to do a backup with TWRP to my 64gb microsd card, it detected my external sd card as /storage/emulated/0 when it should really be /storage/extsdcard. Because it detected the wrong path it made a backup on my internal drive. When I use TWRP's file manager, I can navigate to the external sd path just fine and see all my files on my micro sdcard. When I click on the internal sd card button within the file manager the path shows simply sdcard. When I click on the externalsd button it shows /storage/emulated/0. How can I point the external sd to /storage/extsdcard instead of /storage/emulated/0?

Any help would be appreciated.

tacomaguy20
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaguy20 View Post
Ok first of all I'm using dandroids latest rom and I recently installed the latest version of TWRP because Clockworkmod would not work with exfat and I read that TWRP would. So when I tried to do a backup with TWRP to my 64gb microsd card, it detected my external sd card as /storage/emulated/0 when it should really be /storage/extsdcard. Because it detected the wrong path it made a backup on my internal drive. When I use TWRP's file manager, I can navigate to the external sd path just fine and see all my files on my micro sdcard. When I click on the internal sd card button within the file manager the path shows simply sdcard. When I click on the externalsd button it shows /storage/emulated/0. How can I point the external sd to /storage/extsdcard instead of /storage/emulated/0?

Any help would be appreciated.
Ok so I guess when I boot into recovery, I can choose the external sd card but not straight from the app icon. Its weird, but it works. I just have to boot to recovery first.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3362

DONATE TO ME
What App are you referring to ?

Try Nandroid manager to mange your Backups.

tacomaguy20
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
What App are you referring to ?

Try Nandroid manager to mange your Backups.
TWRP is what I was talking about. works great from recovery but not so much from within android. Maybe its just the Rom I'm running or something. I was more concerned with pointing recovery at my micro sd location where my nandroid backups are saved.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3362

DONATE TO ME
Can you Re-flash latest TWRP version for your Device ?