SKYNET ROM for SmartQ ZWatch
Based on Stock Firmware 3.1​

SCREENSHOTS
2uic2zp.jpg

n2e90h.jpg

jaf3b7.jpg

FEATURES
  • Root and Busybox
  • Fixed the hideous blue background in the digital clockface (introduced in Stock Firmware 3.1) and reverted it to Pre-3.1 style
  • Added useful apps (Dolphin Browser Mini, Google Keep etc)
  • Removed the ugly weather backgrounds from digital clockface
  • Added Google Playstore
  • Edited icons of added apps to match the rest of the 3.1 theme
  • Based on smooth, fast, and sexy Stock 3.1 Firmware
  • Removed chinese bloatware
  • Removed unnecessary audio files
  • Added Flit Keyboard (you can switch to ZSync Keyboard or other keyboards with Quick Keyboard Switch preloaded app)

How to install
  1. Download latest SKYNET ROM
  2. Copy SKYNET ROM zip to root of your SmartQ ZWatch's storage
  3. Rename the zip to update
  4. Navigate to Settings>Scroll Down>About Tablet>Firmware Upgrade
  5. Click OK to install
  6. After reboot complete, choose language then factory reset

DOWNLOAD​

Contributors
BassBlaster
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat KRT16M
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Stock Firmware 3.1

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v1.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-02-18

Created 2014-02-17
Last Updated 2014-02-17

Last edited:

BassBlaster

Dec 12, 2011
Dubai
To-Do

To-Do list
  • Make the wallpaper same as homescreen wallpaper in the digital clockface, but add a shadow under the clock
  • Fix Dolphin Browser / Replace with another browser
  • Add gradient to some icons to make them fit in with the rest of the theme
  • Backport old pre-3.1 watchwidget.apk (new one in 3.1 has messed up placement of weather info on clockface)

Last edited:

Shaggs1983

Jan 16, 2012
To-Do list
  • Make the wallpaper same as homescreen wallpaper in the digital clockface, but add a shadow under the clock

I'm downloading it now. Will definitely be giving this a try. Look forward to your updates and the watch face looks good again,
Thanks for your hard work.

Reactions: adanteny

Shaggs1983

Jan 16, 2012
The rom works great! After you do those improvements it will be even better. The watch face seems a little glitchy though, sometimes it shows the weather and some times it doesn't... Anyway I could fix that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

adanteny

Dec 26, 2012
Paris, France
Thanks for this new ROM 3.1...will definitively give it a try soon ;)

PS:
I've heard rumors saying that, with official FW 3.1, it's no longer possible to install apks "from unknown source" (no more access to this check-box): can u confirm that and/or have a work-around?
(BTW, I'm using Snappea for side-loading apks, so I don't need it, but it could help a few people around...)

BassBlaster

Dec 12, 2011
Dubai

PS:
I've heard rumors saying that, with official FW 3.1, it's no longer possible to install apks "from unknown source" (no more access to this check-box): can u confirm that and/or have a work-around?
(BTW, I'm using Snappea for side-loading apks, so I don't need it, but it could help a few people around...)
@adanteny Nah bro, it's an incorrect rumor. You can definitely sideload apks just like pre-3.1 :)

@Shaggs1983 Yeah, I experienced the same glitchyness for the weather even in stock 2.5, I guess you could try connecting to WiFi on the ZWatch, then open the Weather app and click the refresh icon. That should hopefully get the weather information onto the clockface manually.

Last edited:
Reactions: adanteny

bosstom

Aug 23, 2007
Budapest
@adanteny Nah bro, it's an incorrect rumor. You can definitely sideload apks just like pre-3.1 :)

@Shaggs1983 Yeah, I experienced the same glitchyness for the weather even in stock 2.5, I guess you could try connecting to WiFi on the ZWatch, then open the Weather app and click the refresh icon. That should hopefully get the weather information onto the clockface manually.

Hello

Is root working for you guys, because for me none of the 3.1 based firmwares could give root access to applications. I tried this rom as well and no applications could ask for a root access. Everything says there is no permission.

PinkBatman

Mar 4, 2012
Hello

Is root working for you guys, because for me none of the 3.1 based firmwares could give root access to applications. I tried this rom as well and no applications could ask for a root access. Everything says there is no permission.

Also curious about this. Love the rom though, works great so far!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SKYNET ROM for SmartQ ZWatch
    Based on Stock Firmware 3.1​

SCREENSHOTS
    2uic2zp.jpg

n2e90h.jpg

jaf3b7.jpg

FEATURES
    • Root and Busybox
    • Fixed the hideous blue background in the digital clockface (introduced in Stock Firmware 3.1) and reverted it to Pre-3.1 style
    • Added useful apps (Dolphin Browser Mini, Google Keep etc)
    • Removed the ugly weather backgrounds from digital clockface
    • Added Google Playstore
    • Edited icons of added apps to match the rest of the 3.1 theme
    • Based on smooth, fast, and sexy Stock 3.1 Firmware
    • Removed chinese bloatware
    • Removed unnecessary audio files
    • Added Flit Keyboard (you can switch to ZSync Keyboard or other keyboards with Quick Keyboard Switch preloaded app)

How to install
    1. Download latest SKYNET ROM
    2. Copy SKYNET ROM zip to root of your SmartQ ZWatch's storage
    3. Rename the zip to update
    4. Navigate to Settings>Scroll Down>About Tablet>Firmware Upgrade
    5. Click OK to install
    6. After reboot complete, choose language then factory reset

DOWNLOAD​

Contributors
    BassBlaster
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat KRT16M
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Stock Firmware 3.1

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-02-18

Created 2014-02-17
    Last Updated 2014-02-17
    To-Do list

I'm downloading it now. Will definitely be giving this a try. Look forward to your updates and the watch face looks good again,
    Thanks for your hard work.

PS:

Oki doki, thanks for the info ;)