XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Clasp issue...NOT HAPPY

Tip us?

hurdlejade
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmsjr View Post
Forgive me for asking what may seem like a silly question, but did you remove the protective plastic from the clasp when you unboxed it? I only ask because I remember not even being able to tell if there was a protective covering on mine until I really tried to peel it off. I was just thinking that if you missed that, maybe it's just the plastic peeling off. Just a thought.
same here. i thought i took all the plastic out, turns out i was still wearing some pieces of it for over a month..

DrmMaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Definatly not plastic...and it is progressing heres a few shots...note3 camera shots btw..awsome quality.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390767393317.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	2540880   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390767409651.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	2540881  

chuko303
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 399
Wow dude that's mess there should be some sort of spray for stuff like that I'm sure it will work.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

ronfurro
Old
Thanks Meter 31
That clearly looks like corrosive reaction. Either your presperation or something that you regularly apply to your hands, like soaps, lotions or perfumes can amplify the natural corrosive nature of human sweat. I have seen pictures (Google it) where stainless steel diving watches had the whole back of the case eaten away by some peoples, natural, reactivity to metals, particularly when dissimilar metals are in contact with each other.

undrwater
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro View Post
That clearly looks like corrosive reaction....
...particularly when dissimilar metals are in contact with each other.
This is huge. Salt water and dissimilar metals can set up some crazy reactions. Do you wear a bracelet, cufflinks, home arrest bracelet?

Chemicals too. Good luck.

Harleyfltri
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I know exactly how you feel. My gold Seiko started losing all of it's plating on the band and to replace it was $75.00. I have the rose gold gear and I'm waiting to see how long the plating lasts on it. The gear always has the correct time and date so I feel like I'm already ahead. Getting it for half price at Best Buy didn't hurt either.